What's new

Win 8.1 overview

pallentx

Nope. If you go to Desktop in the Favorites section at the top in Explorer, then open Libraries, then select a library, you will see the manage options at the top.

TagsxA

I'm really digging the option to add more tile rows and still keep the full-screen keyboard! Totally unexpected...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Really? Don't think I read that in any preview articles. Thinking about it I only use them to access music and videos on an SD card and if I remember rightly 8.1 will allow content on SD cards to be available without the work around. I hope it isn't the same on Pro, I use them quite a bit.

Does the 50:50 split work well?

Content on the SD Cards is treated as local storage without hacks or Libraries. Xbox Music found all of my music, Photos the same, etc..

ArnoldC

What happened to the Photos app? Future Modern File Explorer? I like the previous presentation, with the Preview's functionality.

ArnoldC

I haven't had any problems yet with apps freaking out in 50/50 view, but its still early. I don't use either of the apps you mentioned. Browser, people, twitter and mail seem to do fine.

Here's an example.

uvy8u7u7.jpg

ArnoldC

The generic file chooser does not find the folders i added to the Libraries. I have to navigate to their exact location.

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

I think i read yest that some apps dont support the 50% snap view as of right now and all should be good to go by full release.

Ruffles

I'm really digging the option to add more tile rows and still keep the full-screen keyboard! Totally unexpected...

I hadn't heard that. We can increase the number of tile rows on the start screen? Where is that option located?