What's new

Windows 10 Creators Update

KeithP

I cannot believe the increase in performance I have experienced on my Pro 4 since the Creator update...its like chalk and cheese! I hope this increase does not wane in coming days. The weeks of suffering with Edge have, hopefully, come to an end. Well done Microsoft...job well done.

MickeyLittle

I cannot believe the increase in performance I have experienced on my Pro 4 since the Creator update...its like chalk and cheese! I hope this increase does not wane in coming days. The weeks of suffering with Edge have, hopefully, come to an end. Well done Microsoft...job well done.

Would you expound on this please? I'm trying to see if doing the update is beneficial or not.

OP
K

KeithP

Hi Mickey,
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - 128GB / Intel Core m. Generally the overall response prior to the update was not what I would have expected from a device newly purchased in December 2016, with slow, stuttering pagination and page/app indexing. My main gripe was with Edge of which I had numerous issues including freezing and very slow website access. Presently my problems have disappeared - its like a totally different machine. I have come across one issue which isn't a major problem and that is when I receive a Google alert via email the link doesn't always open the appropriate webpage when launched. I'm sure this will come right soon, I hope.
Good luck

MickeyLittle

Thanks Keith. I've had the Surface Book since December as well and Edge has been fabulous on it. In fact everything has. But I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you. Hopefully that will continue! thanks again!

MickeyLittle

Would you possibly confirm your version number. Is it Windows 10 Build 15055? Based on your reaction I am currently updating to the 15055 Build. Later, after reviewing it, I will report back what I find - I love me some new updates (granted they don't end up sucking lol)
Unless I'm mistaken Windows 10 Creator is on Build # 15063.138 so it sounds like you aren't on Creator yet.