What's new

Windows 10 flaw lets hackers secretly run any app on your PC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
"A newly identified Windows 10 security flaw lets hackers install malicious apps on any machine, without business owners being made aware anything out of the ordinary is happening. The issue lets anyone familiar with Windows security bypass its defenses without leaving any trace on the machine.

Discovered accidentally, the issue is significant, and Microsoft is yet to issue a patch.

Found by Casey Smith, the Windows vulnerability doesn’t affect only Windows 10 machines. Malicious hackers could take advantage..."

Continue Reading @: Dangerous Windows 10 flaw lets hackers secretly run any app on your PC

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not that hard to set security permissions on regsvr to local SAM in the interim.

To my way of thinking, it's often not hard to do anything once a security issue is revealed. It is the fact that such an exploit existed and prior to its unveiling, a system administrator may have been none the wiser.

To my way of thinking, it's often not hard to do anything once a security issue is revealed. It is the fact that such an exploit existed and prior to its unveiling, a system administrator may have been none the wiser.

Agreed, but I just wanted to point out that, per the article saying MS hadn't issued a patch yet, that the user community doesn't have to, shouldn't wait to do something about it in the meantime in order to protect itself.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The article said you can block it with the Firewall which you can modify via Group Policy and push out to all systems automatically.