What's new

Windows 10 Insider Preview (10074) on the Surface 3

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
10147 working solid here too. After a couple windows updates and reboots and changing settings to my liking, we are fully functional.

Cant wait for RC or RTM version so i can fresh install all my machines and call it a day!

Did you do anything to get your power and volume buttons working? I took the update route instead of clean isntall, and they just wouldn't work. Fiddling with power settings did nothing. I also experienced very high cpu usage in task manager, however that could simply be attributed to it being a new install so doing work in the background (I only had it installed for an hour before i reverted)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well i reinstalled just totest something following someone elses thread, and everything is working just great. downloaded a new intel driver via update, and all is running smoothly. Good riddance 8.1 :)

mtalinm

csan we move this back to the Surface 3 forum, like the SP3 win10 megathread? maybe bookmark it? this thread has hardly any traffic, i think in part because it's buried in the win10 forum

leeshor

csan we move this back to the Surface 3 forum, like the SP3 win10 megathread? maybe bookmark it? this thread has hardly any traffic, i think in part because it's buried in the win10 forum
No. If it's related to Windows 10 it's pretty generic and probably should have been merged with the Windows 10 megathread in the first place, or closed. Still considering closing it.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. If it's related to Windows 10 it's pretty generic and probably should have been merged with the Windows 10 megathread in the first place, or closed. Still considering closing it.

While i've posted here, i'm now generally just taking myself to the megathread for S3 issues or such because that's where most of the knowledge is given how long we've been running 10 on the sp3

mtalinm

merging surface 3 specific concerns into the win10 thread on the SP3 forum? I must have misunderstood. it would really help to have an S3 win10 thread on the S3 forum, but they keep getting moved here.