What's new

Windows 10 Issues

Pippin96

Love the update -- Surface 3 seems about 50 percent faster.

But, my IT department won't authorize the mail or calendar app -- something with security. So, I have to do that at outlook.com.

Also One Note is not completely functional. Can't find audio/video recording.

Anyone else having these issues. Any help appreciated.

Connie

narse77

The mail and cal issues have nothing to do with W10, I am using them with EAS from work no issue. Your IT Dept will need to approve your device. The OneNote metro app was changed significantly. Try using the desktop version.

OP
P

Pippin96

Thanks! Got great support from Microsoft customer service. It was a problem with the One Note app that came in with Windows 10. It doesn't have full features and was coming up as default. Actually does some things better though - so I may use them both. Our IT department is blocking Outlook and the new app and calendar program. Some kind of security protocol. Hope they work that out.

Thanks for your replies!

Rahul

i cant get One Note to pop up by clicking on the pen, like it did in Windows 8.1

Also, my apps stop responding randomly since the upgrade.

Maybe I should reset the device..

Here are some issues I've found so far:
Connecting a bluetooth device to the surface works fine, but after I disconnect the device, the sound on the surface stays muted and the microphone still thinks its connected to a headset. A restart fixes the problem...still an annoyance.

Sometime, trying to open a program, the program will act like it opens up but screen flashes and drops me right back to the desktop.
I have not found a fix to this yet.

Opening Microsoft Edge after exiting will always bring it back in windowed mode even if it was fullscreen before I exited Edge.

Microsoft store has problems updating certain apps and gives me an error code. Maybe due to app incompatibility at this time?

These are minor issues that can be fixed, but right now, it is still annoying. I wouldn't say windows 8.1 was perfect, but it definitely is more ironed out than windows 10 atm. Hopefully several patches will fix these problems.

wookieelord

Okay. So I finally got the update. Well I've been messing around I've been fairly impressed, esp. seeing at it's only been out a day really. I hear a ton of updates are on the way mid Aug with some S1 pack.

On to my issue though. Unfortunately MS loves to torture us with those massive amount of partition drives. I would like to do a "Clean Install" of windows 10 seeing as my Key is now attached to MS Account which is nice. I upgraded then I went ahead and created a "recovery" USB drive in which I proceeded to reinstall windows. Well come to find out this is garbage and is really just saving all the partitions and only messing with C-drive. THEN I found out about the media creation tool. Well, I say great. Well I tried to create the image 64-bit of course and it will not work. It'll get to the boot up to where you choose to go to the intro for resetting windows after it boots to the USB drive but you are unable to select anything. The screen is locked. I have a microUSB to USB converter so I tried that with a mouse and it still wouldn't work. It's like no touchscreen drivers exist for it. So that was a total fail. I really want to use that recovery drive because it allows you to do a "Custom Install" and delete all the partitions like previous windows would. It worked flawlessly on my Acer Laptop and my built computer.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks! Got great support from Microsoft customer service. It was a problem with the One Note app that came in with Windows 10. It doesn't have full features and was coming up as default. Actually does some things better though - so I may use them both. Our IT department is blocking Outlook and the new app and calendar program. Some kind of security protocol. Hope they work that out.

Thanks for your replies!

Alas onenote MUI has always been utterly and completely lacking in features. MUI onenote should be treated more as a quick digital notepad, whereas you should use onenote 2013 if you want any kind of rational organising of notes etc. Luckily MS made onenote 2013 a free download otherwise that would suck.

ToluAbisola

The big issue I am having with my Surface Pro 2 and Windows 10 is palm rejection.

The latest Wacom feel drivers disable the pen altogether and the original driver disables palm rejection.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this unique to my HW setup?