What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface 3

Zibi

Hi
Please advise me,
can I install Windows 10 on Surface 3, and It will be a good step now ?.
I would like to improve performance Win 8.1, I have some problems with Win 8.1.
Therefore I thinking about installation Windows 10 ?.
I will grateful for any help.
If, yes, how do that ?.
Zibi

kundas1

there is many vids on Youtube that show you how to install windows 10 also there is the search function on this forum ;)

leeshor

Welcome to the forum Zibi

If you are having any problems with 8.1, what are they? Installing Windows 10 may not work well for you as a solution.

OP
Z

Zibi

I would like apologize for my question. I didn't notice next link.
Problems what I have is : some program , some company recognised Surface 3, not like tablet.
They're recognised Surface 3 like PC.
For example, I can't install programs from Windows Phone,
IE from Windows 8.1 doesn't let me watch live TV, because require me to install apk from WinPhone ?
Is completely mishap.
One time I am like tablet and second time like PC.
Keyboard doesn't hide itself, I must manually opening and closed.
I thought that Win 10 will solve my problems.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would like apologize for my question. I didn't notice next link.
Problems what I have is : some program , some company recognised Surface 3, not like tablet.
They're recognised Surface 3 like PC.
For example, I can't install programs from Windows Phone,
IE from Windows 8.1 doesn't let me watch live TV, because require me to install apk from WinPhone ?
Is completely mishap.
One time I am like tablet and second time like PC.
Keyboard doesn't hide itself, I must manually opening and closed.
I thought that Win 10 will solve my problems.
The Surface Pro 3 is a PC, it uses the same components as an Ultrabook, it happens to be in a Tablet Form Factor. Windows Phone Apps for the most part will not install on the SP3, with that said many of the major Windows Phone Apps have compatible versions in the Windows Store.

Eventually that distinction will fade and we will see true universal Apps between the PC, Phone and Xbox but we are about 9 months from that.

As for Windows 10, in its current form it is much more a desktop OS than Tablet OS, the Tablet and Touch features are most likely 3 months off before we them.

OP
Z

Zibi

Thank you very much for every advices, I think subject is to the close.
But still I don't know, installing Win 10 or wait few months.
Thanks.

bluegrass

Like Colorado suggested, I wouldn't install Windows 10 Preview expecting to fix anything. Get your Surface to where you are comfortable with it and it is working well for you than consider 10. The fact is, 10 as it stands right now doesn't really buy you that much benefit over 8.1. It's nice to have it and see it progress into a new and better OS than 8.1 but unless your a tech junkie like a lot of us here are, I would wait.

OP
Z

Zibi

I just install Win 10 and now I will testing. Anti now is correct. Thank you very much for everyone . Good day.

will sesting