What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your help. Tried it. Not luck. If I uninstall the basic display driver, it comes back on first restart. If I try to update it to the Intel HD one from device manager, it says it is not compatible. Any other ideas?
August is the last version of the Driver that can install on Windows 10 as the October and January Versions explicitly block installing on Windows 10.

From the inf:

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.4]
;no install on Threshold

Editing the file may work, but the driver signature would be invalid at that point.

Cask

Thanks jnjroach, good to know that! I have reinstalled Windows 8.1, but will keep this in mind if I find the same issue next week! Appreciate your help!

So if I had updated before the January update it would have worked right? As it had an older driver.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks jnjroach, good to know that! I have reinstalled Windows 8.1, but will keep this in mind if I find the same issue next week! Appreciate your help!

So if I had updated before the January update it would have worked right? As it had an older driver.
When I first installed Windows 10 the driver rolled back to the March version, did again on the next 2 flights, the August Driver was sent out via Update not to long ago on Windows 10....

mitchellvii

Well there is definitely something happening with W10 and web browsing. Just went back to 8.1 and browsing blazes as it should. Was complete lagfest under W10. I'm hoping more complete upcoming release will solve that.

RémiM

It's unclear if project Spartan is available in the new build -- aka 9926.

This feature could make me switch to Win 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.