What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RémiM

Thank @RémiM for the tip.
At first I enabled Custom User Agent, now am trying it with it disabled.
I don't know what"Enter a user agent string" means or where to enter it.
Looks like it has something to do with telling the web site what browser it is (maybe that's why I got the "Using Chrome?" on Bing.com.

You are welcome.

Is the Bing website working for you with the latest Intel driver (the one embedded with the 9926 ) ? Here, it crashes my IE down exactly like youtube does.

B

B'midbar

How many people have gone back and forth between Win8.1 and 10 TP more than once? Anyone nuked their Windows.old folder and beyond a full re-install committed themselves to the point of no return?

mitchellvii

How many people have gone back and forth between Win8.1 and 10 TP more than once? Anyone nuked their Windows.old folder and beyond a full re-install committed themselves to the point of no return?

That's me, serial OS flasher. Oh well.

You know it simply amazes me at how wholly and completely inadequate the video driver they have released with this preview is. I mean aren't they aware the stupid video driver is wrecking the entire experience?

I guess my problem is that even if I like what I have, I simply can't stand not having the LATEST thing.

mitchellvii

Noticed after most recent update all of the icons seem smashed together on the horizontal taskbar with the multiwindow button on top of the search bar.

Weird.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well after a day of issues at uni, my opinion is that somehow, microsoft took a pretty stable and functional operating system, and have absolutely nuked it. Until the most recent preview build, I didn't find any reason not to use windows 10 as my sole OS, since the update though, it's barely usable. Frequent lockups requiring hard resets, applications experiencing many many bugs, often to the degree that a different application has to be used, and most annoyingly, often when i log in, if i open an app too fast, then windows will not "load", and if i minimize the app (which is noramlly just a solid block of colour, there is no OS behind it, just a blue screen. If i ctrl alt del and select log off, it just goes to a blue screen, and if i hold the power button, instead of the thing sliding down over half the screen saying drag down to shut down, the screen just goes white. Not turning on after sleep. You name it, it seems to be happening.

Good job MS, you implemented cortana and continuum, both very poorly, and completely broke the rest of the OS as a result.

RémiM

Well after a day of issues at uni, my opinion is that somehow, microsoft took a pretty stable and functional operating system, and have absolutely nuked it. Until the most recent preview build, I didn't find any reason not to use windows 10 as my sole OS, since the update though, it's barely usable. Frequent lockups requiring hard resets, applications experiencing many many bugs, often to the degree that a different application has to be used, and most annoyingly, often when i log in, if i open an app too fast, then windows will not "load", and if i minimize the app (which is noramlly just a solid block of colour, there is no OS behind it, just a blue screen. If i ctrl alt del and select log off, it just goes to a blue screen, and if i hold the power button, instead of the thing sliding down over half the screen saying drag down to shut down, the screen just goes white. Not turning on after sleep. You name it, it seems to be happening.

Good job MS, you implemented cortana and continuum, both very poorly, and completely broke the rest of the OS as a result.

I am having a very good experience so far with Win10 as my main OS. Yesterday I gave my 3h class at Uni, using OneNote, plugged to a projector. At first I was worried, but the experience was seamless. No problem with the connection to the projector, OneNote was rock solid, and I was very well surprised.

Since the update of yesterday night, my battery life seems better, and the only bothering hickup I am experiencing is the youtube thing with IE. But I am very confident we'll have a quick fix for it.

By the way, on Twitter Gabe Aul recommended against downgrading the Intel driver, pretending that it could make the system unstable.

I actually think MS is doing a great job, but this is my opinion :)

mitchellvii

Is anyone else having an issue with the icons being all screwed up when the taskbar is horizontal? The keyboard icon is about in the middle and I can't resize the space to push it further right.

** Oops, sorry, it just fixed itself. Bizarre.

Clovismod

In the same boat than RemiM. I even experienced less bugs than in the previous build; the dreadful YouTube ie crashdown has spared my SP3. Even with all its unfinished sides, the W10 GUI is imho much much better than the W8.1 schizophrenia between ModernUI and the classical desktop. I use more often MUI apps than in W8.1.

Nursedad

I had to go back to 8.1. Some serious power management issues in this build. I couldn't turn the screen off or let the SP3 go to sleep without having to reboot. Disappointing as I was really enjoying some of the advancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.