Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
For these contracts, I needed to add shapes (ovals, circles, rectangles) in some drawings to provide instructions. Paint handled that perfectly.

Screenshot (212).png

Alright! I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 yesterday. So far, here are some issues I've experienced:
  1. This strange bug that I can't figure out how to resolve: http://www.surfaceforums.net/thread...range-onedrive-folder-from-quickaccess.14254/
  2. Unable to adjust screen brightness from action/notification center
  3. Unable to rearrange tile groups on the start screen
If I experience more bugs, I'll post them later. Anyone else have these problems, or know how to fix them? Also, I can't read all 110 pages of this thread, so is there anything major I should know?

Thanks!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the future, @EthanDavis

What Build are you using?

2) For now, screen brightness: Option-click your desktop, "Display Resolution", "Display"
3) To rearrange tile groups, look for the ellipsis (three dots) on the right of the group name. If your groups do not have names, click in that region to give them one.

Screenshot (220).png

Screenshot (221).png

Hi Doug, thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the tip - I thought I had tried it before and it didn't work, but I tried dragging the ellipses again and was able to successfully rearrange tile groups, thanks to you! Thanks for the help with this!

Hopefully they work screen brightness back into the action center, because right now, it's too hard to access this on touch devices like our Surface Pro 3.

As for the version, I'm running Build 9926. I'm on the fast track for updates and there aren't currently any updates available. Not sure why this rogue folder is appearing under Quick Access, and why it won't open, delete or unpin from Quick Access...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If you feel up to it, then do a "Refresh" from the Update and Recovery settings. That will put a fresh copy of Build 9926 onto your Surface Pro 3, rather than having it stomp over Windows 8.1 . Likely to improve your performance.

The OneDrive folder will probably go away after syncing. Or as suggested above, a "Refresh" may be what you want to try.

r0b123

@EthanDavis Not sure you know the shortcut keys to adjust display brightness...
Fn + Backspace = Decrease brightness
Fn + Del = Increase brightness

I agree though on having it back within the All Settings or Display. Not intuitive and/or missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.