What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

razy60

I am now experiencing some overheat issue's in the surface and bizarrely if I use headphones they get hot only experienced this before when using a usb amp seems that there could be a voltage problem. These issues are recent last few days only.

wynand32

Okay, I give up on this build. I'd mentioned that my SP3 had become increasingly unstable, in particular IE was becoming unusable. It's now to the point where almost NOTHING works, and IE has become unequivocally worthless.

I'm going back to Win 8.1 until the next build, fully aware that the next build could come tomorrow (not that I think it's going to). It's SO frustrating to live on the bleeding edge sometimes... You'd think I'd learn.

Okay, done venting...

Ryan Simmons

Okay, I give up on this build. I'd mentioned that my SP3 had become increasingly unstable, in particular IE was becoming unusable. It's now to the point where almost NOTHING works, and IE has become unequivocally worthless.

I'm going back to Win 8.1 until the next build, fully aware that the next build could come tomorrow (not that I think it's going to). It's SO frustrating to live on the bleeding edge sometimes... You'd think I'd learn.

Okay, done venting...

I feel your pain. I switched back to 8.1 about two weeks ago, due to IE crashing constantly and super bad battery life on SP3 i7. I've been anxiously awaiting the next build and have my fingers crossed its a more refined one. Bleeding edge has its benefits and disadvantages.
Rumour is next build is 10022, and mostly focuses on stability and performance rather than new features. Can't wait to try it, as long as battery life is drastically improved on SP3.

On a side note, I really can't wait for Microsoft to add game streaming from Xbox One to the Xbox app. Hope they add this in soon.

cvc988

Man so since I ran windows updates on 9926, my SP3 monitor is all discolored - back to when I installed the custom Intel HD drivers. The color is excessively green. Any ideas?

wynand32

So, I'm back on Win8.1. I have to say, at least on a machine like the SP3, Win8.1 is really not a bad OS. Window 10 will be great, I know it, one day, but for now, seems like I got my machine back.

Okay, let's hope the next build is as Ryan Simmons says above: all about stability and performance.

mitchellvii

So, I'm back on Win8.1. I have to say, at least on a machine like the SP3, Win8.1 is really not a bad OS. Window 10 will be great, I know it, one day, but for now, seems like I got my machine back.

Okay, let's hope the next build is as Ryan Simmons says above: all about stability and performance.
The takeaway is that there just isnt enough better about w10 right now to endure the issues. Oh well, betas.

B

B'midbar

The takeaway is that there just isnt enough better about w10 right now to endure the issues. Oh well, betas.

I dunno, I'm starting to think the takeaway is there's more variability in the SP3 manufacturing process than normal, variability on the innards from one build to the next with a suspicion that the earlier, first builds weren't up to snuff.

GTiceman

Mine seems to be okay. some MIUI apps that crash but generally good, 3 hours of Netflix and still had 50% battery after some MIUI RDP work

wynand32

And man, what a hot mess it became. Weird that so many things stopped working, and some correlated across my Windows 10 test machines.

I dunno, I'm starting to think the takeaway is there's more variability in the SP3 manufacturing process than normal, variability on the innards from one build to the next with a suspicion that the earlier, first builds weren't up to snuff.

I suppose it's possible, but don't start implying that my early-build SP3 isn't up to snuff... :)

bvone21

I agree, at least on the SP3 (For me, I frequently use it in a tablet usage mode). I think if I had a desktop, I would for sure be testing this full time. I have it in a dual boot scenario...and have not bothered to boot to Win10 in about 2 weeks. Waiting to take another look at the next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.