What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarrant64

And...it's using the new Installing Windows 10 Technical preview screen with the cool circle that's filling in blue as it goes through the updates...unfortunately mine seems stuck at 3% :(. Does look like there is significant HDD activity though still so just going to sit tight...even if it has been 10-15 minutes lol.

Edit: Just jumped to 5%. Going to be patient - it's actually working on something.

..Now it's at 8% - moving along now nicely.

RémiM

I have been stuck at 2% for ~ 10 minutes but then it continued normally.

For those who are stuck too, do not do anything stupid. Just wait.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
(Real conversation) joke to fill the time:

My mother in-law at her new Windows PC: "So now how do you STOP it?"
Me: "Click START ..."

Downhill from there.

B

B'midbar

A few dozen people on the OS Development Team? Well THERE'S your problem! Get some bodies on this pig! :)

Why would the most forward facing, consumer centric feature of this OS (the Start Button) be way way down on the development list? That's MS's problem. Their management has no common sense. They obsess over the gee whiz and blow the basics every time.

Given that you're kind'a, sort'a in the biz, think about the biggest, most complex piece(s) of software you know. The full suite of SAP for example. Always, always at the core it's a handful of people. What Microsquish really, really needs is the best UX people money can buy. If they just did that they'd leapfrog past the Cupertino crowd in a heartbeat.

B

B'midbar

f
Build 10041 posted. You can download (I had to try a few times in Windows Update - but it's there).

"fbl_impressive 10041 Professional"

Sitting back on the "slow ring" for a coupla, three days while you early "early adopters" flesh it out for me. I like 9926's stability. ;)

mitchellvii

Given that you're kind'a, sort'a in the biz, think about the biggest, most complex piece(s) of software you know. The full suite of SAP for example. Always, always at the core it's a handful of people. What Microsquish really, really needs is the best UX people money can buy. If they just did that they'd leapfrog past the Cupertino crowd in a heartbeat.

I place overpriced functional IT consultants, not software developers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.