What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. Can't run Mail, tells em to repair (reinstall) from the store, then the store just gives me the error code 0x80073cff

r0b123

New build 10041 installed... installation screen looks good, took some time but I see where they're going. Definitely experienced a few of their issues noted on the Known Issues on the Insider Hub like the high font sizes appearing too large, or unable to sign in. Even when I changed resolution, it didn't apply after signing out. The sign-in issue almost had me go through the roof until I restarted the system and luckily it recovered.

And I had a few custom groups/folders in the Start menu but seems those were lost. Easy as I was able to create and pin the apps again. So far other than the installation nervousness, I'm going to give it a run through and see if my other apps / settings were affected.

Glad to see they finally pushed a build but maybe should have waited if there are more critical concerning issues besides what's listed on Known Issues.

lonaysta

A quick question: What if perform a factory reset after updating to 10041? Is it back to 9926, or become like a "clean installed" 10041?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to have a graphics driver that is dated the same year as the operating system.

Intel Driver Version 10.18.15.4124 2/18/2015

Screenshot (2).png

B

B'midbar

Improvements include the OSK can be moved, which is great using the thumb keyboard. MWDA is working, less noisy notifications and Tablet Mode can be automatically switched or with confirmation. Connecting to a wireless network is improved. Resuming from Connected Standby works. Overall much improved overall.

Alright, you guys convinced me. Going in. Used to the delays on large upgrades, installs. Have seen Win 8.1 sit there for 10-15 minutes at 95% more times than I care to count.

wynand32

Okay, so, yes: I installed 10041 yesterday from Windows 8.1. Went to the Windows Insider page to kick off the install, which actually started with 9926. After a few rounds up (somewhat funky) updates, was given 10041 as an update and I successfully installed it. After yet another round of updates, I'm now in the process of downloading 10041 AGAIN, which frustratingly is going very, very slowly.

I'm very curious to see what happens when the download is complete. I'm guessing I'll get an error that it can't be installed, which will likely stick with me through this build as the phantom system update stuck with me through 9926.

Honestly, I have no idea why I'm putting myself through this process. I keep turning a perfectly happy and functional SP3 into a bloody nightmare. I need to have my head examined, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.