What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RémiM

Am I the only one to see updates (KB3046029 & KB3050284) and to be unable to download them ?

Downloading updates stuck at 0%.

pbaird

Am I the only one to see updates (KB3046029 & KB3050284) and to be unable to download them ?

Downloading updates stuck at 0%.

Downloading for me.... I have many other updates available also though, because I just installed office 2013, and am getting those updates too.

jnoonan72

10041 has issues with adding web sites as apps to the home screen. Anyone here know of a trick to create an app from a web site using the default programs applet?

mitchellvii

Just downloaded and installed KB3050284 W10 Preview March Update.

My home office suddenly transformed into a holodeck filled with bikini models who are all really into old dudes. Other than that, I can't tell any difference yet.

Just downloaded and installed KB3050284 W10 Preview March Update.

My home office suddenly transformed into a holodeck filled with bikini models who are all really into old dudes. Other than that, I can't tell any difference yet.

My start screen is different, they fixed the background transparency issue.

Arizona Willie

When I installed it, it stayed on 0% for like 20 minutes.
I was getting ready to abandon it and reboot, thinking something had gone wrong and the computer was froze up.
Then all of a quick it jumped up to 30 some percent.
The progress indicators leave LOTS to be desired.
It did that several times.
Just sat there for a long time and then took a jump.
Worked ok though.

Weird, I can't install the updates, I am stuck at 0%.

Liam2349

I tried the new build, wanted to revert due to 4 hours of battery life and really annoying bugs - like explorer freezing so that I can't do anything.

I initially tried to use Windows Rollback, which appears to be broken in this build and told me my system needed to be repaired. Ok, so then I tried to download the Windows installation media from Microsoft - Microsofts downloader kept telling me that there was not enough space for the download, when there was. Tried this on a few drives then decided to torrent it, made my bootable USB and... Win 10 wouldn't use it. Same error as the rollback.

After this, I tried to reset, and this got me back to 8.1 - was never sure what version of Windows the reset would take me to, but I then recovered from my 8.1 image.

So basically, this build almost locked me onto Win 10.

Sven

Hi guys - tried paging through the thread but couldn't find an answer: what the easiest way to clean install from 8.1 to W10 10041 on the SP3 ?

ISO image on USB ?

Also what is the consensus on battery life using the TP as a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.