What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RémiM

Weird. There were some updates on 3/26 that seemed to completely solve my fan issues, running almost silently. Then there were new updates 3/27 that seem to have made the fan issues worse than ever. Now I can barely do anything without going full leaf blower. Especially when holding the SP3 as a tablet with the keyboard folded back. Fan almost immediately blows as hard as it can and back gets HOT.

Apparently in the battle of good updates vs. evil updates, evil has triumphed.

Same behaviour in tablet mode without the keyboard folded back ?

wynand32

So, is anyone getting more than about 4.5 hours of battery life on Windows 10? Nothing's running crazy, my fan's mostly silent (until I open Mail, which I never do anymore because it's so horrible), and I'm doing general stuff, but still burning 10K+ mW pretty consistently. Not sure what could be burning the battery like this.

Has anyone been able to use an external monitor after going to Windows 10? When I attempt to view video there is no audio and the video is in slow motion, all choppy too. .The same thing occurs when I use my PTV3000 or mini display to hdmi adapter

HarnessTech

Yes. Waking from sleep is problematic, but I have a better cable on the way, so hoping that will fix it. With the last build, videos were pretty choppy. 10041 is a lot better but I do see a "chop" or two here and there still.

IMG_20150327_174956229_HDR.jpg

RémiM

So, is anyone getting more than about 4.5 hours of battery life on Windows 10? Nothing's running crazy, my fan's mostly silent (until I open Mail, which I never do anymore because it's so horrible), and I'm doing general stuff, but still burning 10K+ mW pretty consistently. Not sure what could be burning the battery like this.

I am having very good battery life. I don't know if the Battery Saver works yet, but did you try if it helps ?

Last edited:

I'm getting about 4 hours, so you are not alone. I don't have anything crazy running either.

Anyone else experiencing some starnge things happening with the new Build 10041?

If I change the "make text smaller" setting to the lowest(probably any setting for that matter) Its reset when I turn on my surface again. The touchpad was completly out of whack as well earlier today.

W1mperat0r

My battery life seems somehow decreased a little since my upgrade from 8.1.
In addition there are several lags, for example when logging in the screen gets black for about one second and then compes up somehow buggy.
In Chrome the topbar is cut and the close and minimize buttons are not centered which is a thorn in my eye.
I really dont know why in tablet mode my desktop becomes grey and I cannot use my desktop icons or files layed there without clicking the bottom right show desktop button.
Also I just cant get Surface Hub app to work to change my top pen button behaviour since I cant uninstall the Onenote App, as well as as the weather, music and the news Apps just won't
Anyone any suggestions?

Last edited:

W1mperat0r

If I change the "make text smaller" setting to the lowest(probably any setting for that matter) Its reset when I turn on my surface again. The touchpad was completly out of whack as well earlier today.

I have tried the same and I am pretty sure they mashed up the "normal" desktop windows setting to change the size of text and buttons and stuff, and then there is the modern settings app option to change the size of some (I am not sure whether they are different ones) display elements.When trying several constellations I noticed that you can multiply the size if you set it in both options on more than 100% but it causes strange behaviour especially on the lockscreen and when logging on, so I let the modern setting on 100% and instead set the well known display element resize in the traditional way, and it doesn|t get reset after a reboot. :)
I hope I can help.

mitchellvii

For anyone interested in using the Intel HD Control Panel (with it's awesome color and gamma control), the win64_15363 drivers do work with this latest build. Windows will keep replacing them with the crappy stock drivers every time you update but it's easy enough to revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.