What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

So far 10049 is about 8 better for me than 10041. :)

I hear they are changing "Spartan" to "Sparse". Saves bandwidth.

Seriously though, Spartan is working fine for me except that the handwriting part is very hinky and un reliable. Also, with the highlighter they need to add a function where it will highlight text in a straight line. And of course scaling sucks on different sized monitors.

Last edited:

bluegrass

I did a lot of playing around with the pen in Sparton and it worked great, albeit I couldn't make a very straight line and the old "hold the shift key down while drawing" didn't work for a straight line. Your idea is a good one. I'm sure they'll come out with more bells and whistles for drawing as time goes on. I would like to see it easier to save your annotations. Wouldn't it be great if they made it permanently update the website with your annotations.

HarnessTech

I'm quite pleased with build 10049. Spartan loads quickly and webpages load instantly. It does seem to take a bit longer to boot but everything else seems faster overall.

I still have the wake up problem with the external monitor, but that's been a problem since W8.

r0b123

Finally downloaded and installed new build early this afternoon. Spartan looks and works well. Seeing an issue though with the first tab and some tabs not responding or showing it open but not functional. Will play with Spartan more this evening.

My 2nd gripe though is trying to sign back in via PIN after the system is set to sleep. Signing in via PIN or password doesn't seem to work and I have to reboot the system to get back in. A few other items are not working still and have submitted feedback. Hoping the next build they resolve these soon!

MitigationElf

Well, I've been able to use Spartan 2 minutes. I turned on my favorite tabs, and it instantaneously crashed Spartan. Since then it doesnt start anymore.
I have my favorites turned on in Spartan and am not crashing. But Spartan is still pretty buggy. Favorites icons are sitting really low and are cut off on the bottom. Spartan does just stop working for no apparent reason, but it has not been as bad as the constant crashing of IE11. I have not been able to get the WebNote feature to work. It turns on, and that is all. Reading mode is not yet enabled so I am curious to see how that works. All in all I like the simplicity of it. I do NOT like the line-drawing icons that it caries through from the Windows 10 interface. they are sometimes very difficult to target and click.

MitigationElf

Anybody sit at 30% for a long, looong time?
I sat at 14% for about 30 minutes. Then it finished in about 15 minutes. Wish they had at least made the circle move or in some way indicate the machine had not frozen. I almost tried to stop the process because I though it had permanently hung up.

MitigationElf

My primary issue with 10049 (other than the ink annoyances we have been experiencing with OneNote all along) is waking the machine up after sleep. I essentially have to reboot. Once I get to the login screen, the picture for my picture password is only half there. The bottom half of the picture is missing. I tried drawing where the image would be to see if I could still log in... nope. I switched to password and to pin. Both worked. I tried changing to pin/password then back to picture. On the third switch, the full picture came up and I was able to log in with the picture.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've switched to inking only in the MUI version of OneNote, I use desktop for integration only then open the MUI version. Inking works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.