What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0v1em4n

deym scrolling using touchpad is pain in the ass on 10049

Yes it is, I have tried a refresh and reinstalling the mouse with no luck, But to be honest it only seem to be a problem in the browsers
Anyone using a different browser without any issues?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mae a mistake rebooting during lectures. Machine was out of use for 2 hours and bye bye 80% of my battery.

so far spartan looks like it could be really nice, but in its present form, it is really just a bit of an unresponsive buggy mess.

Screenshot (5).png
When writing with my pen, and I've tried changing the battery and using a different pen with the same results, some strokes just don't register. The g in testing didn't come through, half of the N in OneNote is missing. Not sure what the darn issue is.

m0v1em4n

Hi Guys,

For anyone having issues with scrolling got this back from the insiders forum, and think it helped but not totally

Title: Scrolling with Surface Pro 3 type cover very intermittent in build 10049

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview.

I can understand how frustrating it can be when things don’t work as expected. I'd be glad to help you.

This issue could be due to Add-ons. I would suggest you launch Internet Explorer and Spartan in No Add-on mode and check if the issue persist.

Please follow the steps:

1. Open Spartan browser
  2. On top right click on More actions
  3. Go to Settings
  4. Under settings look for Add-ons and disable add-on and check the functionality.

To launch Internet Explorer in no add-on mode press Windows + R key from keyboard and type iexplore.exe -extoff

post how you get on

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I found that adjusting the Trackpad properties in the Settings - Devices seemed to fix many of the scrolling issue, I enabled precision trackpad and adjusted the scrolling speed.

m0v1em4n

I found that adjusting the Trackpad properties in the Settings - Devices seemed to fix many of the scrolling issue, I enabled precision trackpad and adjusted the scrolling speed.
Thanks,

I did try enabling precision but it didn't seem to want to stick, will give it another try

pbaird

OK, so I rolled back to 10041, but now I want to try 10049 again. I'm set to the fast ring, but 10049 is not showing up as available. Is there some way I can convince it that it is there, or do I have to wait for the ISO's now?

Status
Not open for further replies.