What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Parisi

Not for nothing, but it's kinda getting old having to run a powershell command to get the mail/cal/peeps apps working again after every new build. They might want to bump that up a tick....

erandhawa

View attachment 5842
When writing with my pen, and I've tried changing the battery and using a different pen with the same results, some strokes just don't register. The g in testing didn't come through, half of the N in OneNote is missing. Not sure what the darn issue is.

Download the Surface app from the store. You will be able to adjust the sensitivity settings for the pen. Hopefully that helps. I just signed a bunch of documents using Drawboard and had no issues.

W1mperat0r

Download the Surface app from the store. You will be able to adjust the sensitivity settings for the pen. Hopefully that helps. I just signed a bunch of documents using Drawboard and had no issues.
My Problem now is, no matter how often I reinstall the Surface app it just crashes at start.
Since Upgrading to 10041 I couldn't Launch the app.
Did you guys get it to work on Build 10041 or 10049 (which I am currently on now) and how ?

erandhawa

My Problem now is, no matter how often I reinstall the Surface app it just crashes at start.
Did you guys get it to work on Build 10041 or 10049 (which I am currently on now) and how ?

I just attempted running the app and you are correct it does just crash. I personally am not experiencing the same issue as you but I did do a fresh install of 10041 and then upgraded to 10049 maybe that is why?

I just attempted running the app and you are correct it does just crash. I personally am not experiencing the same issue as you but I did do a fresh install of 10041 and then upgraded to 10049 maybe that is why?
my surface app along with app along with some other metro apps crash shortly after opening. I also upgraded and did not do a clean install.

ScottyS

And hopefully the old legacy Control Panels are completely killed off by RTM :)
I liked the old control panel, sort of reminds me of Program Manager:D

Seriously, if they get all the controls over into the settings plus the new things it goes a long way toward a new look and feel and touch friendly interface.

Derekamoss

It was working in the last build and I upgraded and not anymore. Something needs to be updated

ScottyS

. . .

For those with the Mail/People/Calendar Issue, I just went to the non-beta Store (Green One) and installed it and it worked.
I tried that and it wouldn't install... Got Error code: 0x80073cff

I tried running
"Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsa
pps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online" in PowerShell as administrator and it said:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage : An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –li ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified:( : ) [Get-AppxProvisionedPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.GetAppxProvisionedPackageCommand
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Last edited:

GoodBytes

The instruction are in the Insiders Hub.
You need to open the POWERSHELL as true admin, and execute:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Go to the old App Store and install them again. And now it will work.

ScottyS

The instruction are in the Insiders Hub.
You need to open the POWERSHELL as true admin, and execute:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Go to the old App Store and install them again. And now it will work.
It worked! Thanks.

I think I was using PowerShell (x86) instead of PowerShell. And there's PowerShell ISE and PowerShell ISE (x86)
{it's sooo confusing!}

Win 10 is probably the issue.

Is no one else having this pen issue because they did a clean install and not an update? I need to use my pen. I can deal with the other bugs in 10 but being able to write is important.

Also the issue is happening in Drawboard too. It seem like any metro app...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.