What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Until these latest updates W10 felt like it had a memory leak. Things would just bog down after a while. Now this seems to be much better. Everything just feels quicker, especially browsing.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Until these latest updates W10 felt like it had a memory leak. Things would just bog down after a while. Now this seems to be much better. Everything just feels quicker, especially browsing.

Agreed, @mitchellvii . Browsing, and using apps which access URLs seems much improved. The trackpad scroll stuttering still happens, though.

EMINENT

Any update on better battery life?

At this point, that's the main thing I care about. The other is browsing with Spartan not opening links in new tabs or password manager not working.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that sometimes (not always), when waking up from sleep, my SP3 with Build 10051 does not pick up pen capacitance input (cannot write with the pen). A restart fixes the problem.

Other than that, relatively smooth sailing.

Screenshots are out for Build 10056, which seem to indicate that the resizeable Start Menu has arrived. The arguably recyclable recycle bin icon looks better, too. Several bug fixes are included.

Watch this space.

Screenshot (19).png

BornBad

Wondering if microsoft will supply a Win10 recovery image. So we could recover to fresh Win10 using the devices recovery partition only.

Olvrick

Just updated to 10056 and noticed that continuum not working. When im deattaching keyboard nothing happens=( (even on 9926 build it was launching tablet mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.