What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smar

Well thats encouraging. Your one of the few. Maybe I should clean install 10074 again then do it from there.

I have a semi-clean install of 10074 (clean installed a few days ago from ISO, with only Office 2016 beta and Acrobat) and am getting the same error on upgrading to 10122. I'm wondering whether it could be the Office 2016 beta...

Compusmurf

No way Wynand32, I don't trust microsoft and beta software and encryption all at the same time. One of the past os closed beta's I was a part of, I got burned with drive encryption, so I'll never take that risk on a system that is encrypted. If they change or screw up the algorithm, bye bye data. I have backups, but it's the principal of everything getting wiped out. I cannot promise that had anything to do with it tho....

I have the office 2016 beta and had no issues. I don't think that's it either.

riley2323

I am stuck on the Installing Windows 18%, Copying files 62% for last 30 minutes. Is this the ticking time bomb for failed install\upgrade?
I am stuck at 18% overall and 62% copying files. I am in the dock too....have office 2016 loaded as well. All my other updates went smoothly...office 2016 is a big change since I last updated.

Anyone get past 18%....it has been about 40 minutes?

Compusmurf

Mine obviously behaved nicely because I had most of the afternoon "free" to tinker. Things only fail when I'm extremely busy.

riley2323

I have a semi-clean install of 10074 (clean installed a few days ago from ISO, with only Office 2016 beta and Acrobat) and am getting the same error on upgrading to 10122. I'm wondering whether it could be the Office 2016 beta...
Do you have the IT Pros Office 2016 or the Public Preview Office 2016? Not sure if that makes a difference or not. I installed the IT Pros version as that was the only way I could get Skype for Business too.

Status
Not open for further replies.