What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

I upgraded via MS on my SP3

You updated via Windows Update? I thought you indicated you used an ISO, which is a custom creation according to the link you provided so not an official update track since MS didn't release the ISO. Or was that the path you took on your desktop only?

Two windows update failures here.

riley2323

0 for 4 on 10122. No doubter here either for Kris. From what I have read, if you are having trouble updating to a particular version, the ISO is the only real work around. I think I may go that route for a truly fresh install. I am past the point of no return. 8.1 is not in my future...ever again, although I really liked it.

Kris

You updated via Windows Update? I thought you indicated you used an ISO, which is a custom creation according to the link you provided so not an official update track since MS didn't release the ISO. Or was that the path you took on your desktop only?

Two windows update failures here.
updated through MS on my SP3 and used the iso on my desktop.

Mhaddy

Unsuccessful file the ISO as well ... tried keeping apps + files, just files, and then nothing - but each time it gets to the purple installation screen and then fails out with "something happened / Windows 10 installation failed".

Arktik

I got it to install fine on SP3 but once it goes to sleep automatically it will not wake up. Both times I let it go to sleep it wouldn't wake up. I have to fight to get it to turn back on again after forcing it to shut down.

Kris

SP3 goes to sleep and keeps asking for a password. Have the power options set to not require a password but doesn't help.
on 10122

ScottyS

Hopefully they'll get enough feedback, at least from SP3 owners, and they'll figure out a fix or at least inform us to wait for the next build.

EMINENT

I was really looking forward to trying this on the SP3 and now i'm stuck on 10074 with that horrible left apps column. Was looking forward to the new hideaway list so I could try the preview and not see that mess.

I will say that the new build took a step back as the Settings dark theme is gone as a registry edit on my pc. Back to the horrid gray/light theme. :mad:

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, for now haha.

Cortana is buggin out :(
She will respond to "Hey Cortana" but she does not listen (or hear) anything I say so the error chime rings and she says "try again in a little bit"

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but I use firefox regularly and I could never get the taskbar up if I put the cursor at the bottom of the screen.
I was surprised that it now works, unsure if its related to the build but I'm happy nonetheless.

The large icons on the start screen are nice I guess, but most of them appear pretty fuzzy which is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.