What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty

I just noticed that the pen isn't working on my 10130 installation, everything else seems to be fine. I can pair the pen but it only briefly connects each time I press the pens top button, but doesn't stay connected.
Anyone else having this problem?
Tks Frosty

cliffr39

Windows 7 casual users will lose their minds about Metro and Start all over again just like Win8 users did, you heard it here first.

While it's going to be a pretty big change, I think it's going to be easier for Windows 7 users to transition to Windows 10, than it would be for those same people going to Windows 8/8.1. The Metro style things aren't drastically different than other apps now, since they don't go to new screens and stay on the desktop, unless the user clicks the button for tablet mode.

cmergel

Hmmm. I got myself Intel graphics driver 4214. Newer than 4204. Will try it on my device after work today and let you all know if it's better or not. :)

Do share. I am fighting to get DaisyChain working with Windows 10 and I believe it is the graphics driver. I would love to try this...

rege0039

Will the RTM release only work as an upgrade I wonder ? i.e.do I have to leave 8.1 on to be able to get the RC on 29th July ?

Was wondering about removing 8.1 entirely, so getting latest full ISO (whatever number that was ) putting on to USB and then starting fresh with Windows 10 and no left overs from 8,1, then updating to get whatever will be latest build from there but if I need to keep 8.1 to get full Windows 1o may be it's not worth it !

Any opinions ? Who amongst you has gone 'all in' and got rid of 8.1 entirely.

I'm dual booting at the moment but other than poor battery life on Windows 10 I am much happier on it now !

Compusmurf

4204 has 2 drivers. One is for 8.x and the other, the 15 series is for win 10. That one came through WIN UPDATE only, not on Intel's site. I am not sure I'd suggest forcing win 8 drivers to work on 10.... Tho in theory, you could mod the inf/xml file.

Status
Not open for further replies.