Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone managed to properly install today's updates? (On 10130)
Updates are stuck on "Requires a restart to finish installing", restarted / shutdown my surface pro 3 several times, still not working.
Any workaround or fixes for that? :)

Yes, made it through that update.
Was hanging up, until I made Internet Explorer the default browser.
The hangup may have been related to Spartan / Edge and Internet Explorer settings.
Or something. o_O

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

GTiceman

Anyone managed to properly install today's updates? (On 10130)
Updates are stuck on "Requires a restart to finish installing", restarted / shutdown my surface pro 3 several times, still not working.
Any workaround or fixes for that? :)

Mine all say they need a restart in the advanced menu when looking at my history even though I have restarted.

After the updates my explorer.exe crashes on restart

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you can get those updates installed. Windows 10 is responding much better to everything. Swipe from right fixed, Start Menu icons can be moved reliably and smoothly, and inking is more responsive. Also, I no longer have the crash message or processes still running alerts while restarting.

mitchellvii

I hope you can get those updates installed. Windows 10 is responding much better to everything. Swipe from right fixed, Start Menu icons can be moved reliably and smoothly, and inking is more responsive. Also, I no longer have the crash message or processes still running alerts while restarting.

No updates available on 10135 build. Guess Windows isn't recognizing that. :)

GTiceman

I might try uninstalling them from the Control Panel then reinstalling. It says installed in Control Panel but that a Restart is required in the Windows Update settings. Thoughts on this or what I am thinking?

Edit: I deleted all and they tried to reinstall but no luck still says restart required and couldnt install, i wish I could select one at a time

Last edited:

Tallrandal

Good Day,
I have been testing W10 on a Lenovo laptop since the beginning. I really like the new build and after yesterdays updates things seem really smooth. With that being said, I am thinking of installing on my SP3 due to me having to reinstall windows due to corrupted files. My SP3 is my main use while on the go or doing school work and playing games. I have tested most of my software to see about compatibility issues and so far nothing has failed. I have even tried Norton Internet Security and things are good to go. I know there are a few bugs to be worked out. I can deal with that. However, I was curious what the general thought is about installing on a semi-daily machine?

Thanks,
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.