What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshor

I have been running it on fast ring for laptop and it works fine. I have been following everything very closely, but had not heard much about Surface Pro 3. That is was I am curious about.
I have slow ring on a production workstation and fast ring on a bench system but there are plenty of posts on the forum, some in this thread, that discuss using it on the Surface.

Tallrandal

I have slow ring on a production workstation and fast ring on a bench system but there are plenty of posts on the forum, some in this thread, that discuss using it on the Surface.
Did I post in the wrong area? I thought that this thread was for the Surface Pro 3...

cliffr39

Curious situation.
I just had Cumulative Security Update KB3058515. It reboots to do the install and gets stuck at SURFACE logo screen for a long time (no spinning circle like normal). Eventually it gets back to Windows 10 and Update History shows it still needs to restart. Now when I hit the power button to go into connected standby I hear a strange noise from the right speaker. When I wake it the noise is gone and returns again in sleep. Going to uninstall it and test.

Skydexter

Anyone managed to properly install today's updates? (On 10130)
Updates are stuck on "Requires a restart to finish installing", restarted / shutdown my surface pro 3 several times, still not working.
Any workaround or fixes for that? :)

Good news, seems that's just a "UI" bug :

Gabe Aul twitted this today : https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/609422441148878848

"That is a bug in the Update History UX. As long as you are not seeing a prompt (pop-up) to restart you should be fine."

cliffr39

I turned off CS completely...
manually
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled (1->0)

So, I just followed this to disable CS and now the power button doesn't turn off the screen nor does closing the keyboard cover.
Wonder what I broke... guess I'll go back to "1" to turn it on again.

edit: yep, going back to 1 and it all works properly again. Wonder why it didn't work when disabled.

cliffr39

When u disable it, you have to edit the property of the power profile to reassign power and lid....

I did check that and Lid close action is set for Sleep under both battery and power. Power button action is the same.
When I click the define power buttons link on the left of Power Options there is no sleep, just Do nothing, Hibernate, Shut down, and Turn off the display.

I guess I may have to either live with CS or start using hibernate.

Compusmurf

Disable cs, um, turns OFF sleep. You have to change it from sleep which you just disabled to hibernate, off, or shutdown....

Compusmurf

Sleeping in win 10 right now just isn't fully done. Some of the phone home and debug code is wrecking it. Better to hibernate or power off for now. I suspect there are some cappy beta drivers also not allowing proper sleep. I turn it back on to test every new build but doubt that it will change much until release.

Status
Not open for further replies.