What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Have to go back to 10130 on my Sp3 and desktop.... sad days. WIFI issues keep getting worse and desktop it keeps defaulting to built in audio, won't play through HDMI...

GTiceman

I had to roll back, unfortunately that broke some things like my ability to connect to my 5ghz home network but I got right on the 2.4

147 is such a great build, just wish the wifi was working right and if I didn't need to travel this week for work I would have stayed on it

Kris

I had to roll back, unfortunately that broke some things like my ability to connect to my 5ghz home network but I got right on the 2.4

147 is such a great build, just wish the wifi was working right and if I didn't need to travel this week for work I would have stayed on it

Exact same issue with 5GHz... No idea what it was messing with my sound on my desktop, even disabling the other device wouldn't fix it. Oh well that's what you get for using leaked versions.

GTiceman

Exact same issue with 5GHz... No idea what it was messing with my sound on my desktop, even disabling the other device wouldn't fix it. Oh well that's what you get for using leaked versions.
True but worth the ride. I actually installed 130 on top of 130 rollback just in case as I was having some other issues.

cliffr39

Last night I couldn't get any apps to open on 10147. Tried task manager, Windows update, Cortana wouldn't search for anything local or online and many others. It would act like it would open them (the menu disappeared), but never did anything, even after a reboot. Will have to wipe it and go back to my 10130 tonight. Literally the only thing that would open was Edge, nothing else.

GTiceman

Last night I couldn't get any apps to open on 10147. Tried task manager, Windows update, Cortana wouldn't search for anything local or online and many others. It would act like it would open them (the menu disappeared), but never did anything, even after a reboot. Will have to wipe it and go back to my 10130 tonight. Literally the only thing that would open was Edge, nothing else.
Crazy. I am having issues with Cortana now on my rollback. Hoping for a new build early this week.

Kris

I am sticking with just clean installs, always have issues when I update or try and roll back. Luckily I don't save many apps on my main hard drive and use Cloud storage for most of my back up items.

MagicPoop

oh oh... think I broke it... I was on build 10147 and tried going back to build 10135...

nope wouldn't let me, says SAFE_BOOT error while PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT

then I reseted it and went back to win8, tried updating and still same error,

downloaded official iso from MS and still same error :c

Last edited:

Compusmurf

Rollback has been seriously troublesome on the previews. Backup and restore us safer and cleaner. As suggested by others, Macrium free works well.

mitchellvii

Having the occasional Metro App that won't open and a wee bit o fan, other than that 10147 is running awesome for me. The fact many are having issues is unsurprising considering MS never intended us to have it anyway. We're just flash ho's.

GTiceman

I am sticking with just clean installs, always have issues when I update or try and roll back. Luckily I don't save many apps on my main hard drive and use Cloud storage for most of my back up items.
Same. I really only have office, chrome, and a few other programs running on the SP3 and maybe about 4-5 MUI apps. Everything else stores on my server and syncs via AeroFS

mitchellvii

Pretty much anything embedded (Flash, YouTube, etc) seems to really blaze in 10147. Don't know why I'm having so few issues compared to anyone else. I did secure one of the first builds released. Maybe something got farked in some of the other builds? Dunno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.