What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty much anything embedded (Flash, YouTube, etc) seems to really blaze in 10147. Don't know why I'm having so few issues compared to anyone else. I did secure on of the first builds released. Maybe something got farked in some of the other builds? Dunno.

I'm sailing along here as well. I wonder if it is possible there are two versios of this build or something. Because there was all that stuff about needing a key etc, but i just stuck the iso on a flash drive, and installed and ran it just as i have with every other build. No need for any keys etc.

mitchellvii

Is there some way to influence what shows up in the "Most Used" column for the Start Menu. At this point it doesn't seem to be based upon whether I actually use something or not. I opened Access 10 times as a row as a test and it still did not appear. Hopefully it will work better in the future as that is the only place MS is allowing jump lists.

Kris

I'm sailing along here as well. I wonder if it is possible there are two versios of this build or something. Because there was all that stuff about needing a key etc, but i just stuck the iso on a flash drive, and installed and ran it just as i have with every other build. No need for any keys etc.
If you upgrade it didn't need a key but if you did a clean install it required one.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression that you avoided leaked versions like a plague. Our is this version now released on Fast?

I do avoid leaked Builds, unless Gabe Aul et. al. references the leaked version without discouraging its use. It seems some 'leaks' are deliberate experiments.

Kris

It's well past time that we get an authorized updated build. How long are we going to have the slow ring and the fast ring on the same build?

MagicPoop

Woo, finally got around my error... after 2 days of trying different things all it took was disabling Secure boot in the UEFI (or whatever) settings.... Pleasantly running 10135 now.

Now, if you guys haven't looked at this. Do so.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

This what I'm getting:

On the 29th
  • If you continue being a Windows Insider, you'll continue to get legitimate insider builds, no questions asked.

• If you decide to opt out of the program, default upgrade rules apply to you. That means that the only way you will be able to receive the Win10 license, is if you previously had a legitimate Win7 or Win8 license.
If you do not roll back to your previous operating system or upgrade soon, the build you're running will expire shortly.

This also means that Vista, XP machines are ineligible to receive the free upgrade... :c

The way it was before, even pirates receiving legit licenses, was better for everyone if you ask me....

lhauser

Reminds me of a place I worked at briefly in the recent past. People who use Exchange/Outlook complain about it, but the services you get from it are crazy good compared to the alternatives. I'll never work for another company that doesn't have a "real" infrastructure in place.

It's been decades (well, close... 1997, I think) since I worked somewhere without Exchange/Outlook. My current employer moved to Exchange from Lotus Notes about six months before I came. It's great, no matter what people say. ;)

wynand32

It's been decades (well, close... 1997, I think) since I worked somewhere without Exchange/Outlook. My current employer moved to Exchange from Lotus Notes about six months before I came. It's great, no matter what people say. ;)

Yep. I think that the vast majority of users who complain about Exchange have never worked in a company without it. Now, if we're talking about the people who have to support it, that might be a tad different.

Mhaddy

Only issue I'm having with 10147 is the occassional wifi not connecting upon wake from sleep or hibernate. No issues connecting once i find my AP and connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.