What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhauser

Yep. I think that the vast majority of users who complain about Exchange have never worked in a company without it. Now, if we're talking about the people who have to support it, that might be a tad different.

I've supported it as well. Never in huge environments. I admit, I never hated it.

GTiceman

Today Microsoft released KB3070677 on Windows Update to address this very issue.

Windows Update might not detect new builds on Core Editions of Windows 10 Insider Preview

Symptoms Consider the following scenario:

• You install a Core Edition of Windows 10 Insider Preview.
  • You are running Build 10130 of this Core Edition of Windows 10 Insider Preview.
  • There are new preview builds available for your current preview build settings.
In this scenario, when you scan for new preview builds, Windows Update does not detect the available preview builds.

Interesting

wynand32

Two things about that update: 1) my Dell Venue 8 Pro runs Core Edition, so I'm particularly interested and 2) sounds like a new build is coming very soon. I'll be happy to see it since my SP3 is slightly FUBAR at the moment.

bmack

Mine will complete the 5/14/2015 update and the Intel one and try to install again a few days later. I also can download or update apps from the store. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the store?

bennyprofane

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I'm getting my SP3 today and wondering if some of you are using Win 10 as your only or primary system and if you like it better or worse then Win 8. I've read that Win 8 is more optimizd for the tablet or has that changed?

leeshor

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I'm getting my SP3 today and wondering if some of you are using Win 10 as your only or primary system and if you like it better or worse then Win 8. I've read that Win 8 is more optimizd for the tablet or has that changed?
I can provide you at least a partial answer. Windows 8.1 was optimized for tablet use and Windows 10 is just as optimized but provides a non tablet optimized interface for desktops. There are quite a few forum members who are running Windows 10 as their primary OS, most on the slow ring aren't experiencing any serious problems but it still is a work in progress.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know you've troubles when you spend your night dreaming about finding 10150 in your update page..

Bluetooth disconnect thing again. Seems it is fine until it is left for a certain duration of time and then it just kills itself.

In better news I just received an email saying my surface 3 has been dispatched :) shame the power and volume buttons don't work on 10147 on the S3, other than that it seemed to run great, if a touch sluggish.

GTiceman

You know you've troubles when you spend your night dreaming about finding 10150 in your update page..

Bluetooth disconnect thing again. Seems it is fine until it is left for a certain duration of time and then it just kills itself.

In better news I just received an email saying my surface 3 has been dispatched :) shame the power and volume buttons don't work on 10147 on the S3, other than that it seemed to run great, if a touch sluggish.

My BT and WiFi just crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.