What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

So, what's the latest non-Microsoft Intel HD driver that works with the SP3? Mine won't install the official Intel HD driver, and it's about useless without it.

mitchellvii

So, what's the latest non-Microsoft Intel HD driver that works with the SP3? Mine won't install the official Intel HD driver, and it's about useless without it.

The latest Intel Beta Drivers worked for me.

http://station-drivers.com/index.ph...-Graphics-Drivers-Version-15.40.64.4232-Beta/

Update: Can't get these to install on 10147. They had persisted previously from the 10136 build but of course MS, in their all-knowing wisdom, decided I don't know WTF I actually want on MY computer and forced their craptastic drivers back on me. Well, at least I'm getting an extra 10 minutes of battery life instead of control over my graphical interface, so there's that... :eek:

Last edited:

wynand32

The latest Intel Beta Drivers worked for me.

http://station-drivers.com/index.ph...-Graphics-Drivers-Version-15.40.64.4232-Beta/

Update: Can't get these to install on 10147. They had persisted previously from the 10136 build but of course MS, in their all-knowing wisdom, decided I don't know WTF I actually want on MY computer and forced their craptastic drivers back on me. Well, at least I'm getting an extra 10 minutes of battery life instead of control over my graphical interface, so there's that... :eek:

Those installed fine in my 10130 install. Except now I'm back to the 5/14 firmware update and official Intel HD drivers both trying to install and therefore I'm not getting the newest updates (I think, unless they're just not out yet).

Can't wait for the next build.

wynand32

By the way, I know that in the beta Intel HD drivers we can adjust gamma, but the default black levels are much better in the latest Microsoft-official Intel HD drivers. Just FYI.

Kris

Anyone running 174 get the firmware and other KB updates? I keep getting a Windows Defender update only.
It might be a bug in 10147 I am getting the same Windows defender update over and over but nothing else... It might be time to just give up on 10147, the WIFI/Bluetooth bug and now this. Starting to think MS believes they have gotten everything taken care of and we might not see many more updates, obviously there are still many issues.

Nummer35

Hey, after some time on xx130 I get a strange problem. Everytime i plug in a usb-device the current selected window updates with a flash of inverted colours. (like a blink of 10ms or so). I have tried a clean install :( is this a known problem?

mitchellvii

It seems there are a lot of people in this thread who like living on the edge. You may be interested in an offer being made by one of our supporting vendors. http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/highly-experimental-beta-utility-needs-testing.15678/

They are looking for "intelligent input" which, sadly, leaves me out.

When they open it up to bombastic, opinionated and generally difficult, let me know. :cool:

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space..."

mitchellvii

Ok MS, we need to talk. If you are gonna force your hamstrung limited and generally crap video drivers down my throat, could you at least make them so the gamma settings don't randomly reset to default for no particular reason? Thanks, 'preache.

mitchellvii

Is there a way to write a macro or something that I can put on my desktop which will automatically reset gamma to it's lowest setting? These damned SP3 drivers keep resetting it to default at random times and it's driving me nuts having to go through the whole click-fest setting them again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.