What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxm

@bender it's a bug, I don't remember having it in build 158 nor 130, noticed it just yesterday. I've seen some people reporting it in Feedback App too

MikeB

If I put my SP3 in sleep via button, and I'll wake it up after few hours, no passwords is needed. Bug or wrong settings? In account settings it says password required after 15 minutes.
That's the same thing I mentioned just above. I think it's a bug. And it worries me because I've had a SP3 stolen in the last year, and I really don't want a thief getting into my device without needing a password.

bmack

Okay, is it just my photos app or is everyone else not able to create there own photo albums? The photo app only displays images by date and not by the folders I already have them in

GTiceman

I wanted to chime in on this sleep discussion. I have seen mixed results but I just took a trip and my SP3 was in sleep and unplugged from about 10am yesterday until now and the lock screen came up, I have reported some times it doesn't, but also my battery was at 69%. Nothing else turned off. It was connected on WiFi for about 2 hours of that time, in sleep. Keyboard cover was folded closed.

I am on 162

malberttoo

New Volume (D: ), 5.57GB NTFS, Healthy (Primary Partition)
I have tried deleting the partition and then extending my C: drive but the option is greyed out, same if I don't delete it. I have tried using IM-Magic Partition but niether will allow me to add the space to the C: drive. I even turned bit locker off to use IM-Magic Partition.

It never gave me a choice to add the partition to my C: drive when going through the recovery steps.

Edit: Got it fixed, had to use aomei partition assistant to do it but now I have my space back. Thanks for the help. I know 6 GB doesn't seem like a lot but when you only have 59(64)GB to start with every bit matters.

Awesome. And 6GB isn't really a trivial number, worth reclaiming IMHO.

cliffr39

I do have a question - Two Surface Pro 3s, both running 10162, but the Start menu is different. One has 2 columns and the other won't let me add things to the right of the existing column. How do I get the 2nd column like the left unit?

Attachments

• IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 365

harri.makinen

Will the RTM version be without debug code? Because the debug code is the start of all evil in software usage. I could think about switching to 10 at the end of the month if that's the case. The current buggy builds with all kinds of debug things happening are pure shit compared to the smoothly running 8.1.

harri.makinen

If they have fixed it though, you know who fixed it? google. MS had nothing to do with chrome. So if it is still draining cpu in windows 10 it is again, becauise of google, not Microsoft.

Disagree. Same app & version exactly, works and doesn't drain battery in 8.1. Dualboot to Win 10, drains battery and the fan runs like crazy. Clearly an MS issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.