What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Do you think someone could throw the ISO here ? I don't think Microsoft will and I've never updated my SP3 yet to W10 (but with this RTM build, I think I will).

Kris

Do you think someone could throw the ISO here ? I don't think Microsoft will and I've never updated my SP3 yet to W10 (but with this RTM build, I think I will).
I believe you have to have to have Windows 10 Insider installed and be on the fast ring to get this update. There is no ISO file, unless you want to google it for a user made one.

Edit: a benefit to being an insider and doing all the beta testing for MS...
Edit 2: Read this http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

"On Monday we announced that builds from here on will only be available through Windows Update, so to get this one you can either wait and it will be installed automatically (but who are we kidding, I know you want it now!) or go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Remember that you’ll need to be logged in with your Microsoft Account in order to receive the build."

Last edited:

Stephan

I believe you have to have to have Windows 10 Insider installed and be on the fast ring to get this update. There is no ISO file, unless you want to google it for a user made one.

Edit: a benefit to being an insider and doing all the beta testing for MS...

I am, in fact, an Insider as I'm testing it on my desktop PC, but not on my SP3. It must counts for something, no ?

cliffr39

It isn't an update based on a specific prior version. Go to Windows Update and you should see it. It was released to both fast ring and slow ring insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.