What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compusmurf

Seeing a rather strange procedure. when opening recycle bin, even if everything in there is simply some desktop shortcuts, upon clicking, it doesn't open until the attached usb harddrive has spun up.

Actually makes sense since it has to check the recycle bin on ALL the hard drives.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually makes sense since it has to check the recycle bin on ALL the hard drives.

I see. First time I've used a usb harddrive so not used to this. Is there any way for files deleted from the hdd to be placed in the surface ssd's recyle bin instead of having it's own. Only way I can see is to bypass recycle bin and delete files immediately.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next question :)

With Edge, what is the intended purpose of running an app via the address bar? I havn't worded that very well, but basically, I was after a definition and out of habbit entered "define: xxxxxxx" and it basically just refreshes the page and I get this. It happens with any word followed by a colon.
define.png

define.png

Last edited:

Compusmurf

I see. First time I've used a usb harddrive so not used to this. Is there any way for files deleted from the hdd to be placed in the surface ssd's recyle bin instead of having it's own. Only way I can see is to bypass recycle bin and delete files immediately.
Nope, none I am aware. Hard to explain, I would have to go indepth discussion on file systems.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else experiencing an issue with windows photo viewer and slideshow? The slideshow pictures are zoomed in hugely and only show about 1/4 of the image on screen.

At first I thought it was a result of my sp3 being plugged into a tv using an adaptor, but just found exactly the same on my s3 running on its own.

cliffr39

I think you can turn off the recycle bin per drive, but cannot tell it to use a single bin for all drives that I know of.

m0v1em4n

For some reason Since updating to 10166 I can't verify my account, and I am getting nag screen about the insider build, anyone help.

Also still not getting any keyboard light, and can't seem to use a pin to sign in

Last edited:

Ordnas

Microsoft have removed the preview from their website as it's close to public release. Is there any other way I can install on my desktop machine?

cliffr39

Microsoft have removed the preview from their website as it's close to public release. Is there any other way I can install on my desktop machine?

Only if you are part of the Insider Program, then it will eventually hit your machine through Windows Update. That is unless you are brave enough to search the Internet for an ISO that someone else created/uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.