What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

You really should have hesitations recommending it, especially after seeing how massive amounts of users have bumped against the brick wall trying to install it.
Consider it as my personal frustration projected unnecessarily to you !
Cheers!

If it is just your personal frustrations you should not try to scare others away from it. Their are dozens of us using it as our daily driver and have contributed massive amounts of positive feedback. It is safe, usable, and one of (if not) the best OSs I have used. I have it running on my SP3, HTPC, and 2 laptops.

wynand32

View attachment 6461
Took about a minute to install on my SP3

Yep, that's precisely what mine didn't do. Rebooted, but didn't go through the typical firmware update process.

Can everyone who's seen this update screen go into Device Manager > Firmware and report on the UEFI firmware driver version? I know it's not supposed to have changed, but I'd just like to confirm it.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
UEFi 3.11.950.0.cap. 6/5/2015

Screenshot (100).png

wynand32

UEFi 3.11.950.0.cap. 6/5/2015

Excellent, thanks, that confirms it. Doesn't explain why some of us didn't see the usual updating boot screen, but apparently something other than UEFI was updated. Hopefully Microsoft will post the update executable to downloads soon, and we can run it manually just in case something didn't take.

I'd love to see a changelog, to see what was actually updated.

Kris

Anyone using Adobe lightroom, after the latest update it started freezing on me. Just wondering if anyone else was having issues.

MagicPoop

Anyone know why I can't take screenshots? The screen dims and it seems to take it, but it doesn't show up.

Tried snipping tool as well, says I don't have permission to save in this location. Upon checking permissions in the root, my username has limited permissions. Gave myself all the permissions but haven't checked anything yet. Gonna reboot and see what happens.

GoodBytes

Anyone know why I can't take screenshots? The screen dims and it seems to take it, but it doesn't show up.

Tried snipping tool as well, says I don't have permission to save in this location. Upon checking permissions in the root, my username has limited permissions. Gave myself all the permissions but haven't checked anything yet. Gonna reboot and see what happens.
I recall this happened to me... but I think it was under Windows 8. I think I just cleaned installed my system to fix it.

MagicPoop

Mr. Poop, you really gotta change your name, I can't keep snickering every time you post. Wifey starting to wonder about my sanity...

:D:D:p:cool:;)

I recall this happened to me... but I think it was under Windows 8. I think I just cleaned installed my system to fix it.

Link removed at it violated the forum guidelines.

but...
Screenshot (56).png

Turned it on, and bam! not able to save again. Upon further inspection in Explorer, I realized that all my drive was set to Hidden and Read-Only. Unchecked both... now have to wait approximately 2 hours for it to "apply attributes" to my whole freaking drive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.