What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzman78

P.S., If you are running Windows 10, disable Windows Updates. They WILL BREAK WINDOWS 10. Wait for Windows 10 specific updates. I ran updates once and system wouldn't reboot.

A few other folks have mentioned this as well. I have auto updates enabled and I haven't had any problems (fingers crossed).

Are other folks having this issue or do you have auto updates turned on?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for posting that article. Looks like the author also noticed that apps run faster/better as I mentioned here.

Excerpt: "... a few of the games I played during my evaluation (in particular Kerbal Space Program) seemed to run better under Windows 10. It could be perception bias but, I am happier running KSP on the preview than I was on Windows 8. ..." Tim Rolston

Last edited:

Aegeas

You monsters. Telling me it is faster in games is just dirty freaking pool. Think of all of the suffering that could happen if this goes sideways! So torn here...

mitchellvii

A few other folks have mentioned this as well. I have auto updates enabled and I haven't had any problems (fingers crossed).

Are other folks having this issue or do you have auto updates turned on?

I guess it depends upon what is being updated. I'm able to update virus definitions, etc. but system, type updates caused pretty serious issues.

I mainly use touch on it and in my opinion the touch sensitivity seems to be better and more responsive. I use to have issues moving pages horizontally now that issue is gone.

I have noticed this happening to me a lot when I scroll down over and over with my finger, then the scrolling just stops responding. To fix, I usually have to scroll in the opposite direction, then revert to scrolling back the original way I was going. Happens a lot more than one should have to deal with. If windows 10 solves that issue, it might just be worth switching too.

Kris

I have noticed this happening to me a lot when I scroll down over and over with my finger, then the scrolling just stops responding. To fix, I usually have to scroll in the opposite direction, then revert to scrolling back the original way I was going. Happens a lot more than one should have to deal with. If windows 10 solves that issue, it might just be worth switching too.
For me it has fixed that exact issue..

mitchellvii

Have they improved the scaling when docking and undocking?

Supposedly. I never had an issue with that in 8.1, but they say high dpi support is improved. Of course you need to use the zoom sliders for proper scaling. Setting to the same exact % for both monitors causes issue on the lower res larger monitor.

fonzman78

I have not gone the entire way yet, but I will once someone can confirm that VMware Workstation 10 will run on W10 so that I can run my W7 production machines:)

I'm running VMWare Workstation 10 and have no problems. I also have a W7 VM that has no problems.

Kris

got an update to day saying it was system hardware from 9/9 and now my WiFi only works half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.