What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

How are you only just now getting those updates? That update fixes so many little issues.
I had them already before I moved to Windows 10 for some reason it installed them again and messed with my WiFi and I can't roll back the driver.

ximoosea

It's the same, you have to logout to have the right dpi settings
Thanks for the confirmation....but that really sucks. Many here were expecting this to be fixed in the next Windows release....although I do realize there is still plenty of time and this is a very early version.

For me this is one of the most annoying thing about the SP3. In fact, I find myself not undocking and taking it with me to quick meetings as much as I would like to just due to this issue.

Kris

Sad to say I might be going back to Windows 8.1, did a reinstall and still having issues. It's an odd one it will show me connect to WiFi, no limited connection BS, but I lose all network access and internet. Tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling and same issue.

mitchellvii

got an update to day saying it was system hardware from 9/9 and now my WiFi only works half the time

That hardware update from 9/9 is trying to force the SP3 video drivers back on you in case you installed the Intel drivers. You need to roll that back and hide the update.

I am dual-booting Windows 10 as of this weekend, although I use the term loosely since I haven't yet booted back to 8.1. I will really put it through its paces this week for work, but so far, so good.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Day 5 with Windows 10. No crashes. No trouble. No productivity lost - gained instead due to that Start Menu action. No files lost. No doubts. No regrets. No joke.

Also: Developer software runs fine (MSDN Visual Studio, etc.).

Screenshot (33).png

Screenshot (34).png

bluegrass

Good news to those worried: Just because I wanted to know, I just deliberately did a "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" while in the Windows 10 Preview. My machine completely reinstalled a clean Windows Technical Preview.

Everything is here, and working just fine, like it was two hours ago. I am an explorer by trade - a geophysicist/geologist/petrophysicist. Glad to know Microsoft has this covered.

Deliberately chose the middle option (screen shot taken after the reinstall)
View attachment 3879

Everything is back

View attachment 3878

I guess you're now a certified surfacist.

bluegrass

Mhhh, I cannot resist. I have to install the preview. Has anyone tried whether programs like PHPStorm, Vagrant Box and Virtual Box are still able to run?

When you upgrade, why don't you start a thread for posting Apps that have been tested on Windows 10.
Apps that work with Windows 10
Apps that don't work with Windows 10

GTiceman

Had an issue this morning where my pen stopped working entirely, though it is not dead. A reboot did not fix it.

Hmm I think my pen has issues as removing the battery fixed it. This has happened before in a different fashion on W8.1

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had an issue this morning where my pen stopped working entirely, though it is not dead. A reboot did not fix it.

Hmm I think my pen has issues as removing the battery fixed it. This has happened before in a different fashion on W8.1
Maybe they need a pen reboot sequence...
hold the down button on the pen and tap out SOS in Morse Code on the top button. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.