What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rege0039

Anyone else using Windows 10 to connect to a work network ?

I'm having problems getting it to see a Netgear NAS that we have on ours, even though I have the correct IP address and password added in to windows credentials.

Anyone else doing anything like this ?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
is problem of turning off display without sleeping solved in win10??? any solution for windows 8.1?
there is some details on link below:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/turn-screen-off-without-sleeping.9448/
and someone also said:
I just paid a BIG chunk of money for a Surface Pro 3 and can't even listen to music with no screen light in the room. What is the point of having separate settings for sleep and display if they are tied together? I don't think the majority of users want there screen on when they are:

• Listening to stored music
  • Streaming radio
  • Downloading large files in off hours that are not metered
  • Doing backups
  • Many other tasks within applications
Music complaints are solved using a MUI Music App that supports Connected Standby (Xbox Music is native and supports this). People want the Surface Pro 3 to function like a legacy ACPI device, The SP3 uses S0iX for power management...

SPGuy

I use Windows 10 everyday on my desktop, it works like a charm. I stopped using Windows 8.1.
Same here, I leave by Lenovo laptop at the office now as it just doesn't compare from a high mileage travel standpoint. I prefer to use my SP3 even over desktop in many cases. Very flexible at customers to show either slide show or tablet view if room doesn't have projector. Combine this with one note and you are a productivity machine compared to most.

SPGuy

Anyone having issues with a DisplayLink dock only seeing one external monitor and not dual?
Mine seems to default to extended display when hooked up to projectors but then I select charms and project and switch it back to duplicate mode and it works fine. Not sure why it defaults to extended.

SPGuy

Is there a way to pin an IE favourite to the start button menu like you can from Modern IE in 8.1 ?
You have to move it to the desktop first and then move it to start and then it can become a tile. I gave feedback that this was not so good.

bluegrass

I'm not nearly as advanced as other are here on this forum but I'm beginning to think the reason 10 is so solid is that it's core is 8.1 with the changes that we see in 10 added. I think if your Surface was pretty solid with 8.1 than it's going to be pretty solid with 10.

Can't wait for more exited things to happen. Even though I went into the desktop mode about 70% of the time, I still kind of miss the Start screen. I wish you could just hit the Windows button like you use to and switch back and forth between the two.

Waiting for Cortana, Continuum, & more MUI apps such as Office 365 and a few Adobe apps.

Way to go MS. I wonder if the engineers ears are burning yet from all the feedback they've been getting.

GTiceman

Mine seems to default to extended display when hooked up to projectors but then I select charms and project and switch it back to duplicate mode and it works fine. Not sure why it defaults to extended.
I am fine with it being extended as this is how I want to use it. However, I have 2 monitors connected to my usb3 dock, but the SP3 only detects one of those two, so including the SP3 I should have 3 displays but only have two as the second monitor on the dock is not being detected, nor does the monitor detect a signal

GTiceman

I'm not nearly as advanced as other are here on this forum but I'm beginning to think the reason 10 is so solid is that it's core is 8.1 with the changes that we see in 10 added. I think if your Surface was pretty solid with 8.1 than it's going to be pretty solid with 10.

Can't wait for more exited things to happen. Even though I went into the desktop mode about 70% of the time, I still kind of miss the Start screen. I wish you could just hit the Windows button like you use to and switch back and forth between the two.

Waiting for Cortana, Continuum, & more MUI apps such as Office 365 and a few Adobe apps.

Way to go MS. I wonder if the engineers ears are burning yet from all the feedback they've been getting.

you are likely right about the underlying core framework being 8.1

my SP3 switches between the Start Screen and Desktop when I hit the Windows button, you just need to turn off the start menu, which mine did not default to

I was talking to a CSR yesterday about my wi-fi issues in Windows 8.1, and I mentioned that I am now running the Win10TP. He had many good things to say about it, and he told me that when the release version is done, I should keep an eye out for the official update.

Does this mean that the upgrade to Windows 10 will be free for us SP3 users?

bluegrass

you are likely right about the underlying core framework being 8.1

my SP3 switches between the Start Screen and Desktop when I hit the Windows button, you just need to turn off the start menu, which mine did not default to
But when you turn off the start menu to make it like an 8.1 system, you lose the new features of the start button. It really does seem to revert back to running as an 8.1 Surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.