What's new

Windows 10 Pro Problems

renes86

Hello,
for a client I'm supposed to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on his System

His System is a an ACER Aspire ES1-711-P7JE with the following Hardware
  1. Intel Pentium quad core processor N3540 (up to 2,66 GHz)
  2. Intel HD graphics
  3. 8GB RAM
  4. 640GB Hard Disk
Some friend gae it to him to use it BUT, there was Windows Home installed and it was so slow! I installed Windows 10 Pro hence 8GB, than as soon as i entered in setup or after setup the wifi credentials, or added the lan cable, the computer freezed and didn't unfreeze, at first I thought, it could have been a HDD issue, than a driver issue! Due to luck Windows 10 got installed and suddently i was able to install software and windows updates, since than it keeps freezing on startup!

Any idea?

thanks

AMS

Hello,
for a client I'm supposed to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on his System

His System is a an ACER Aspire ES1-711-P7JE with the following Hardware
  1. Intel Pentium quad core processor N3540 (up to 2,66 GHz)
  2. Intel HD graphics
  3. 8GB RAM
  4. 640GB Hard Disk
Some friend gae it to him to use it BUT, there was Windows Home installed and it was so slow! I installed Windows 10 Pro hence 8GB, than as soon as i entered in setup or after setup the wifi credentials, or added the lan cable, the computer freezed and didn't unfreeze, at first I thought, it could have been a HDD issue, than a driver issue! Due to luck Windows 10 got installed and suddently i was able to install software and windows updates, since than it keeps freezing on startup!

Any idea?

thanks
Strictly in my experience, Win10 Home is no slower than Win10 Pro. In fact, with the omission of one or two things, I'm reasonably certain it's identical. Have you installed all of the updates?

OP
R

renes86

well not yet, i ws never offered the option to boot into safe mode,

after 4 times freezing, it seems to boot up now

Any Idea of Program to check what is wrong aka which device might have issues

OP
R

renes86

ok it booted up into the assistant to setup language, etc! when adding wifi code, it froze again and made sounds,

jake_paul

Reboot Your Windows into SAFE MODE with CMD Enabled and then follow these steps.

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If it doesn't, try performing a clean install.
Hope it helps you out.
Consultant,
Apps4Rent.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
N3540 is old and slow anyway. i.e. Comparable to a Surface 3 Atom CPU, in the same Bay Trail family.
Geekbench 5 - 222 single core, 714 multicore. It's never going to be fast.

You mentioned it initially froze when connecting the network. Does it boot with the network disconnected or disabled?
Can you disable the WiFi and Ethernet with a switch or in the BIOS/UEFI?

I agree about Safe Mode above if possible...

Remove or disable anything that's removable or can be disabled in firmware to eliminate possible problem devices. , try a different Disk, preferably an SSD (This is about the only speed boost you'll find for this device.)

BOOT to SAFE mode can usually be enabled by holding a Fn key during boot up. Then choosing SAFE mode from the menu.
Typically it's either F8 or F12. check the user manual for the device

Last edited: