What's new

Windows 10 recovery image for Surface Pro 3

Nicola

Upgrade does add a partition between the Original recovery partition and the Windows Partition that contains the W10 equivalent of Win Re Tools partition. Basically it cuts 450MB off the Windows partition to make the new W10 Tools partition.

How much free space did you have on C: when you started?
Well, that partition was not created and Í imagine instead its content overwrote the recovery partition.
What was te reason, I can't say.

Also, I've not checked C: free space

lonaysta

Got double confirmation that users of SP3 with W10 preinstalled can download a newer version of recovery image with file name
SurfacePro3_BMR_10_10.34.0.zip
I think it should be Windows 10 based. But don't know how to get a copy of it..

RottenMutt

you might still have to have done the upgrade from win8.1 to win10, once you have done it once the activation server will remember your key for you. But it really depends on what if tattooed in our bios.

11810temvel

Hi, can someone download the file SurfacePro3_BMR_10_10.34.0. on file sharing, I can't download this file from Microsoft, thanks

Last edited:

leeshor

Hi, can someone download the file SurfacePro3_BMR_10_10.34.0. on file sharing, I can't download this file from Microsoft, thanks
Welcome to the forum

The forum guidelines will not allow anyone to post a link to the file on this forum. What is keeping you from downloading it?

Sven

MS has dropped the ball here. A Windows 10 recovery image for the thousands of existing SP3's sold with 8.1 should have been available at launch.

Given the nightmarish stories of upgrades, resets and reinstalls permeating this and other forums, I hope they release it soon.

Nicola

MS has dropped the ball here. A Windows 10 recovery image for the thousands of existing SP3's sold with 8.1 should have been available at launch.

Given the nightmarish stories of upgrades, resets and reinstalls permeating this and other forums, I hope they release it soon.
I'm wondering what's preventing this.
I mean, a recovery is a recovery, so it's supposed to take you to the starting point (W8.1 for most of us) but what's the problem with providing options?
I don't think there's any hardware difference (even then, I doubt it would be substantial)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It left the factory with one set of settings, based on serial number you get either 8.1 or 10. It's a rational decision.