What's new

Windows 10 RTM May Come In June [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
windows-10-logo-featured.jpg

Here's a quote from a story with rumors suggesting Windows 10 RTM may come in June instead of August,

We all know that Windows 10 will be released in the second half of 2015. Today, Neowin reported that Windows RTM will be in June according to their sources. Looks like Microsoft has pre-poned the RTM date with Windows 10. Earlier, it was reported that Windows RTM will be in August as OEMs will have time for prepare their devices for holiday season. Now, Microsoft is trying to have Windows 10 devices in the market for back-to-school season during which lots of sales will be happening in the Education related market. Microsoft may also announce the next gen Surface Pro device around the same time.

It's not too often you see something "preponed." It will be interesting to see if this rumor turns out to be true.

Continue Reading @: http://microsoft-news.com/report-windows-10-rtm-happening-in-june/

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They better get a move on if that's the case ... not even feature complete yet, no general consumer releases yet...
So what's the plan... close it up and ship it then rely on the continuous update cycle to ''finish" it. Sounds like a half baked plan, must have the phone team leading this project. Oh yeah, they are.

Reactions: Kif

Kif

Yeah, I read this news this morning. It has me worried because it's more important for Microsoft to get it right than early. OEM's probably disagree since Win 8.1 is a dead man walking and everyone knows it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Related: Intel has stated Skylake will release in time for products to make the Back to School market cycle.
So we should be looking for a Skylake based SP4 then... New OS, New Chips, New Tablet, New version of Office. Its going to be a very hot summer. :) what could possibly go wrong.

B

B'midbar

Related: Intel has stated Skylake will release in time for products to make the Back to School market cycle.
So we should be looking for a Skylake based SP4 then... New OS, New Chips, New Tablet, New version of Office. Its going to be a very hot summer. :) what could possibly go wrong.

I would much prefer it be a Core M Broadwell than Skylake. That and 16GB RAM and this thing'd be damn near perfect for me. Well, that and a single latch to remove the back cover to access the innards a-la my old HP Elitebook 840 G1. That'd be beyond awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: