What's new

Poll Windows 10 - Yes - No - Maybe

Will you upgrade to Windows 10

• I have the Preview and will stick with it

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • I plan to wait untill Microsoft offers it as an update.

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • I plan to wait for a while, after release, before pulling the trigger

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I will need to think about it but don't have plans to do it any time soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure I want to upgrade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm sticking with 8.1, (post your reason)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I'm going to upgrade or have already then do a clean install when the ISO is posted

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Russ

Will you or won't you upgrade?
Leeshor --
I guess I'm "some of each." I am running Win10 on four machines (one in dual-boot mode), and will keep them that way. I have not yet upgraded my SurfacePro, but will do so with the final release. I will upgrade my "main" computer, but continue to run 8.1 in dual-boot.

Big question for me right now is whether to upgrade Ladyfriend's SP3. Some "users" do not adapt to change as well as other users.

Take care,
Russ

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm running Windows 10 Build 10240 on all of my mobile devices except my backup SP3 and I'm planning on updating my HTPC with is an Intel NUC running a Haswell i5 CPU....

kristalsoldier

Of course I will upgrade but as MS releases it as a full and final update.

I am looking forward to the W10 experience - using Edge - and a few other things. What I am not looking forward to is how OneDrive changes its behaviour!!!

Anyways, just a couple of days more I guess!! Will sure as hell find out!!!

Russ

Will you or won't you upgrade?

Just learned a few minutes ago that I will not be upgrading my Office computer until further notice. With elegant timing, Endicia Software just notified me that my postage software will not work in Win10. Since I use it almost every day, I will have to wait for their upgrade.

I can only surmise that the Win10 release was such a closely guarded secret that they didn't know it was coming. Ya think?

Russ

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just learned a few minutes ago that I will not be upgrading my Office computer until further notice. With elegant timing, Endicia Software just notified me that my postage software will not work in Win10. Since I use it almost every day, I will have to wait for their upgrade.

I can only surmise that the Win10 release was such a closely guarded secret that they didn't know it was coming. Ya think?

Russ
Maybe it will work as a VM.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Russ
They are going to have a LOT of people on their case. They most assuredly will get it corrected if they want to stay in business. ;)

Russ

They most assuredly will get it corrected if they want to stay in business. ;)

Leeshor --

Probably too late. They came off looking very unprofessional in this. Given the timing of their email, I would bet that they learned about it from a customer and had not even done their own testing with Win10. Even if I get their upgrade tomorrow, I will use it only until I get a good replacement.

Take care,
Russ

already upgraded on SP2 and LOVE IT... all went without a hitch and not one thing I have found not working yet... well cant find my pen so havent tested that yet...