What's new

Windows 8.2... What Do You Want!?

Nuspieds

Something else I want: Live Tile image/color/text customization. This is more applicable to IE-pinned sites, but some apps I have installed have what to me seems like poor/ugly Live Tile images and I'd just love to customize those as well! :)

But my main gripe is that with the IE sites I have pinned on the Start Screen, it is a hit-or-miss regarding whether the site's icon show up on the Live Tile or not. For example, from within IE itself, whether it is via a favorites or on the location bar, IE will display the site's favicon. But when I pin that site to the Start Screen, all I get it is the IE icon as the image on the Live Tile. Doesn't make any sense. :confused:

So just like I can on the Desktop, I'd like the ability to specify my own icon/image and text for my pinned IE sites. And if you're going to give me that, then also give me the ability to specify background color.

Even if not in 8.2, I would quickly buy a third-party app that provided this functionality.

Arizona Willie

What do you mean? For me they're locked unless specifically made to move...

If you have some Tiles in a Group and you have them arranged the way you want them and you add another tile to the group, the existing Tiles get moved all around.

There is no way to Lock the Tiles so they do not move when adding / removing a Tile.

Omni

I would like to be able to disable the search everywhere feature. Put it back to how it was in 8.0 where it would search the currently open app. Really annoys me and never seems to work properly. So much so Ive stopped using it.

Nuspieds

I would like to be able to disable the search everywhere feature. Put it back to how it was in 8.0 where it would search the currently open app. Really annoys me and never seems to work properly. So much so Ive stopped using it.
But in 8.0, it would also always search settings, apps, and files, no?

I can understand you not wanting to include Internet results; at first, I didn't like that, either, but have since come to love it. The Search does remember your last filter (e.g., Everywhere, Settings, Files, etc.), but if you specifically do not like having the Bing Internet results, have you tried disabling that feature? Here's a link with the instructions in case it suits your needs:

How to Disable Bing From the Windows 8.1 Search Engine

Omni

Thanks for the link I did know thats possible and I have disabled it already. I use search only when I want to search in the app I'm using at the time and not all of them. Ive learnt to work round it now but I would like to be able to change it back to how it was in 8.0.

orlandotek

I am new here and I hope its okay I have an Asus Vivotab RT (which I LOVE) although I bought my wife a Surface RT
(first Gen) for Christmas and she loves her Windows RT tab, as well.

Have you ever used the Everything Search program (by Voidtools) on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 Pro? I want this kind of searching on my Windows RT. I have this installed on every Window desktop I use and it has been such a life saver.

ttony678

Posted this at the Microsoft support forum:

Whenever we use the charms bar a block appears on the bottom left corner with the date, time, WiFi, etc. I would really like it if the surface team allows the music information block that has all the skip, album cover, and volume features to also appear when the charms bar is opened. It would also make the music experience better by allowing users to change songs while in any application without the hardware buttons which can be uncomfortable to reach at times. Doesn't look hard to implement either. I always find myself opening the charms bar and closing it immediately to view the date and time anyway. This implementation would be amazing in my opinion.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Not bad, they could even add a graphic equalizer in there :p why not? I think the key there is to allow you to customise it for what you want.

millertime_1985

I'd like to see the battery reading displayed (i mean being displayed as a %, rather than a visual gauge) on the "Charm" Date and Time block...
At the moment it means switching out of an app and back to the Start screen, then opening desktop and hovering over the battery reading.

Obviously its not something that we can't live without, but at the moment checking my battery level is one of only 3 times i use the desktop...

Last edited:

TunaSurface

I'd like it to reduce the size of the whole operating system.
The fact that my 128GB model only comes with 80GB of free space is so wrong.