What's new

Windows 8 Marketplace App Count Growing Rapidly

Wenwm

microsoft-store-domain-austin-tx.jpeg
When Windows 8 was released, many bloggers bashed it for its smaller-than-usual app stock, but that is changing at a very fast rate. In less than a month, the Windows 8 app store acquired around 7,000 apps, which if you compared that to Apple’s Mac store’s 10,000 in four months rate, is a relatively quick speed. The best part of this all is that 90 percent of all the apps are free, which means you can pick between 17,958 apps without worrying about entering your credit card information. Interestingly, the bulk of the apps are available in Canada with around 14,000 apps being available in their Marketplace. The US has the 2nd largest app stock at 12,675, while the UK has around 11,000 available.

There you guys folks, this is a good sign that the Windows 8 marketplace is quickly becoming the fastest growing app store and might get a host of great apps in no time. Anyone excited about this announcement?

Via: Techrader

mdart

What I would like to see is actually not seeing app that are not relevant to Australia. Why do I need to see a Craigs list app or London bus route app.

scasn4

What I would like to see is actually not seeing app that are not relevant to Australia. Why do I need to see a Craigs list app or London bus route app.

for the same reason I don't want to see speak French, Italian, Russian, etc. or time zones in Australlia, usa, china, really mate get over your self people visit London and do wanna know this stuff. hell I live 70 miles away from London (god knows what that is in Australian kilometers) (maybe I need a app for that. GET MY POINT!!!) and I don't know what bus route to take in London.

mdart

for the same reason I don't want to see speak French, Italian, Russian, etc. or time zones in Australlia, usa, china, really mate get over your self people visit London and do wanna know this stuff. hell I live 70 miles away from London (god knows what that is in Australian kilometers) (maybe I need a app for that. GET MY POINT!!!) and I don't know what bus route to take in London.

Thats fine then why isnt Netflix available for me as an App. Its not in Australia so I dont see it. What I am saying is there should be a way to filter and have apps relevant to your own country making it easier to see more relevant apps.

bosamar

The Win Marketplace desperately needs to filter apps by country. I get tons of non-English in my que.