What's new

Windows 8 Phones Impressions: Who here has one?

bulls96

what nokia exclusive apps really make a difference? their navigation app (Nokia Drive is it?) can be downloaded unto the 8x right?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

magicrobots

They have some good games that are free instead of pay, and then there's stuff like Transit (which I do use a lot; for public transportation timetables), City Lens (which is an augmented reality gimmick app), Music (which is like spotify, and I may look at since they are not rolling Spotify out any time soon for wp8, and XBox music sucks), and some other stuff. Like I said, I don't think they are important enough to warrant clinging to Nokia for any reason. Drive was their best exclusive app, but since it is now for everyone ... it is no longer a factor.

ArnoldC

what nokia exclusive apps really make a difference? their navigation app (Nokia Drive is it?) can be downloaded unto the 8x right?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

The HTC Windows Phone 8s/8x use Nokia Maps. This is an offline map, with POI and directions. On my HTC One V, it has Locations app, that is based on the same Nokia map technology, and it has Car app which is based on Route 66 that uses Nokia Maps.

So yes, Nokia Maps is everywhere,and I love it. Nokia is the reason I can't dispose my Nokia E72.

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 and I cannot get it to connect to my Surface via Bluetooth/Wireless. Any exchange of documents, photos etc has to be done via cable which is a shame really.

Last edited:

ArnoldC

Hey, it's easy. First, pair the two. Second, go to the desktop and start receiving Bluetooth files. Lastly, send from your phone.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

My phone and Surface refuse to pair. They connect for a couple of seconds and then unconnect themselves because they think they are both offline. I have no problems connecting my Surface via Bluetooth to a wireless speaker.

Last edited:

ArnoldC

That is weird and could be a Nokia thing, I do that everytime with my HTC Windows Phone 8S.

Edit:

Even if it says offline, the transfer happens.

Screenshot114.png

Here's the screen of the Surface:

Screenshot113_zps329bdeb2.png

Here is the screen of my phone:

wp_ss_20130128_0001.png

Last edited:

magicrobots

Whoa this is awesome; I didn't know that was even a thing you could do!
I've always just transferred files with skydrive. It's like magic. But I like this direct technique.

Albertte

According to my opinion from three mobiles discussed by you Nokia Lumia 810 is best. I am using Nokia Lumia 920 and I really in love with this phone. As you clarify that you could not provide Nokia Lumia 920 so Lumia 810 is best choice instead HTC 8X and Nexus 4 (4.2 Android).