What's new

Windows 8 Phones Impressions: Who here has one?

dlacaba

I just picked up a Windows Phone 8S HTC. Still playing around with it, but I'm liking the switch from Iphone 3gs. Was initially planning to go Android, but figured I'm gonna try my hand at writing some apps for this thing.

bosamar

I purchased the Nokia Lumia 820 today. Thought hard about the 920 but IMO it's just a little too big for me. Paid 99 cents plus $28 tax. I'm going to purchase a microSD card for it.

kristalsoldier

I purchased the Nokia Lumia 820 today. Thought hard about the 920 but IMO it's just a little too big for me. Paid 99 cents plus $28 tax. I'm going to purchase a microSD card for it.

I'd really be interested in your impressions/ review of this phone. Specifically, I am interested in battery life (with a data connection on and with say about 3-4 hours of music playing), wifi, tethering (if applicable). Thanks in advance.

bosamar

I'd really be interested in your impressions/ review of this phone. Specifically, I am interested in battery life (with a data connection on and with say about 3-4 hours of music playing), wifi, tethering (if applicable). Thanks in advance.

During my comparison with the 920 I knew the battery wasn't as strong, something like 7 hours vs 9. I can live with that because I'm very rarely away from a charge source. I'm gonna give this 820 a thorough test this week.

Series7man

You'll love the 820. I have had the 920 since Christmas and I love it. It did take me a while to get used to the size as I was coming from a Samsung Focus. Now that I have it, I am perfectly comfortable with it. The 820 is slightly smaller but still is a great phone. When I bought mine, the 920 was on special for the same price as the 820 so I said what the heck......I can always bring it back for the 820 if I can't get used to the size.

ArnoldC

OMG! What happened to the Surface Phone plan? :LOL:

kristalsoldier

The phone I'm getting is the Nokia Lumia 720, which has just been released into the retail circuit here. It looks good! Personally, I'd probably not get a Surface phone. Before I jumped onto the Android bandwagon, I was a Palm user (with Win mobile 6.xx). The phone was and remains an excellent - albeit heavy - device. And, before that for the longest time, I was a Nokia (Symbian) fan. I seem to trust Nokia's devices a lot. In fact, if Nokia developed a Surface-like tablet, I'd probably be all over it (as long as it had a free version of Office - or maybe then I would consider Office 365).

dlacaba

After using the HTC 8S for a while, I'm getting annoyed with the back, home and search buttons. They're too easy to press, I often press them when I don't want to. Actually, the more I use this phone, the more I find I press the wrong buttons everywhere. Email for example has the send button pretty close to the attach button and the send button is close to the ".com" button. I have already sent a couple emails prematurely because of this.