What's new

Windows Button, Type Cover, Volume, Pen Not Working After Firmware Update

heihachi88

Hello, i got issues with the type cover, pen, volume and windows button on the tablet - they are simply not working.

I just did a clean windows 8.1 reinstall and successfully update to latest firmware through windows updates, but still nothing works.

In device manager i see unrecognized system aggregator firmware, pressed update drivers button and then it asked for restart - restarted - nothing changed, still the yellow mark with exclamation mark.

Anyone please help, this damn firmware update destroyed my spro2, nothing works... absolutely useless.

drolem

Yes. They are 2 very different remedies with different purposes. Because hard reset is so much quicker, and (in theory) should not effect anything on the SSD, it should be tried first unless there is a clear indication of some kind of file system corruption.

The OP's symptoms are very typical of a System Aggregator malfunction, and one of the usual cure for that is a hard reset. The other is *completely* draining the battery, but that's not easy and very time consuming since the system hibernates itself when the battery is around 5% or so.

CrippsCorner

Yes but what I'm saying is he's already done a complete OS re-install, so doing a hard reset won't do anything additional to that, surely?

drolem

I believe the OS reinstall, in itself, does not do any hard reset, only soft ones. At this point in time, there's nothing to lose by trying to reset the machine.

reach

Hello, i got issues with the type cover, pen, volume and windows button on the tablet - they are simply not working.

I just did a clean windows 8.1 reinstall and successfully update to latest firmware through windows updates, but still nothing works.

In device manager i see unrecognized system aggregator firmware, pressed update drivers button and then it asked for restart - restarted - nothing changed, still the yellow mark with exclamation mark.

Anyone please help, this damn firmware update destroyed my spro2, nothing works... absolutely useless.

5 days since then. Wouldn't you like to share with us how the story ended?
I'd be very keen to know if drolem's hint was the right one. Thx!

fonzman78

5 days since then. Wouldn't you like to share with us how the story ended?
I'd be very keen to know if drolem's hint was the right one. Thx!

Not sure what happened to with the OP but this fixed my problem. My Windows button on the tablet stopped working. I tried rebooting with not luck. I resigned myself to reinstalling the OS but saw this thread. A hard reset fixed the Windows start button. Thanks!!

OP
H

heihachi88

Hello, everyone. Sorry for not answering on your questions. i've solved almost all of my issues with a volume up and power button, though my type cover is still not working, only touchpad is working, also i cannot install the type cover filter device in device manager.I think because of this driver my keys on the type cover are still not working. any suggestions?

drolem

Presumably, you have a banged out device in Device Mangler, plus corresponding entries in the event log. Uninstall the device, then reinstall it. If that doesn't help, uninstall it with the remove software option, then reinstall it.

You may also want to post a screenshot of the Device Mangler issues, plus the relevant entries from the event log.