What's new

window's button

malberttoo

yea it boggles my mind that someone as big as MS can have so many QC issues! I'm so thankful mine has been perfect thus far...

Same here, you see individuals having to replace their units multiple times, mine's been good so far. My first SP1 had no WiFi, right out of the box. Had to get it replaced immediately.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far no tingling but I have only charged it once so far, I haven't used it much as I've been really busy. I believe it was a refurb as it was in a plain cardboard box. The quality is good, it feels no different to a new one. No yellow line, no tingling yet, it gets a bit warmer than my old one, but not Marjory and there's some light bleed only visible at startup.

Hopefully this one is good :)
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Ouch, bent that one a bit too far. :cool:

OP
Sassi

Sassi

Well first Issue today, I don't remember it with my old one. I put it on charge - no tingle which was good. However, while web browsing while charging the right hand got very very hot, even the screen, almost too hot to touch. It's been fine while not on charge, it's just while charging. Nothing else was open I'd just started up and was using Metro IE. I restarted again and it seems a bit cooler.

Does anyone else have their machine get very hot while charging, but fine when not?

I've been lucky with mine I think no issues

Mine gets hot when playin games like need for speed from the windows store but that's it , that's expected though

OP
Sassi

Sassi

OK quick update after using it for a few weeks:
This surface seems fine now. No tingle, no yellow line, it can get a bit warm, but not too bad, usually when plugged in, Windows button mostly buzzes, and the sleep issues I had are solved. So all in all I'm happy with my Surface :D