What's new

Windows Hello

Aldec

Bought SP4 APRIL, has worked perfectly since apart from Windows Hello in the last couple of weeks, although everything else is performing normally.

A message appears on setup "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".
Cannot set up face recognition or pin.

Checked with M$ Device Diagnostic and Update Diagnostic, nothing.

Done a Reset, also installed clean using an ISO from M$ and mounting it.

Each time I have checked with both scannow and dism which always reported no violations.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?...

OP
A

Aldec

Have finally figured out the reason for the malfunction, and seem to have rectified it up to a point.

The problem being TPM Admin or to give it its full name Trusted Platform Module.
The problem starts if you inadvertently sign in with a wrong password or pin its safety mechanism kicks in and blocks access to certain functions.

Trying to unblock going by my own experience is somewhat challenging as each time you do something wrong (and it really is a test of patience as it refuses to recognise its own Recovery Key) of 48 numbers, it then adds yet another block which makes it even more difficult to rectify....

AlAmer1413

Hey, I'm experiencing the same issue with my Surface Pro 4! How did you fix it? I would really appreciate it if you could share a step by step procedure on how to fix this problem.

OP
A

Aldec

Please can you do the following and post back the result.
In Cortana box type tpm.msc
On opening module, in centre under Status.....what does it say?