What's new

windows is freezing when I am on battery

OP
A

alexd88

i managed to make a clean instalation, i download the recovery img from microsoft. I let it to make all the updates but these drivers didn t updated. I did to do a check up but the windows update says that the windows is up to date. the freeze still persist but is not so problematic. I still think is video driver related.

Attachments

• Sketch.png
    Sketch.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 495

Philtastic

i managed to make a clean instalation, i download the recovery img from microsoft. I let it to make all the updates but these drivers didn t updated. I did to do a check up but the windows update says that the windows is up to date. the freeze still persist but is not so problematic. I still think is video driver related.
If it were driver related, we'd all have that same problem... but we don't.

Hardware issue. Get a replacement.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could sit here and shoot holes in Phil's thought process - but I cannot seem to find a reason to completely disagree with it. If after a fresh reinstall / driver update my machine continued to "freeze up" whatsoever - I would comply with Phil's final recommendation and get it replaced. Freezing up in any capacity is not acceptable. Hey, no one can say you didn't give it a good college try right? Let me know how the replacement goes (or doesn't) if you have time/will. Take care and have a Happy New Year.

OP
A

alexd88

i would try to reinstall all the firmware manualy piece by piece and if also this doesn t work i will go for a replacement, also i have flickering issue on 0% brightness . i have to stay without it almost 2 weeks, thats bad for me :(. But seems like this is only solution to this problem.

OP
A

alexd88

i saw in the forum from windowscentral that are also some people witch complains abouth freezing, mine after unfreezes if i move something or write something the changes are done but only thing is happening is that imagine is freezing the sound works perfect when i am on youtube if i push the video is stopping, if i push again is starting. I still hope this problem is driver video related. now i reinstalled all the drivers manualy from microsoft website, now seems has a little slow down on repsonse but no freezing in 5 minute use on battery mode.

OP
A

alexd88

i think i managed to solve the problem i installed the last intel hd 520 drivers from intel website, i enterd into the settings pannel and i checker the performance, but the battery from 3,5-4h is going to 1,5-2h. but no freezing until now.

airslap

I still have the problem with freezing when i am using the surface on battery, when is pluged in i have no problem, when i am switching to battery surprise freezing very often sometime won t repond for almost 1minute sometimes when i push the windows buttom from the keyboard is starting to work (temporary fix). did someone managed to fix this problem? is very annoying for me.
Thx.

I have the same problem. Happened after they updated the graphics driver because I was able to fix it by rolling back to the previous driver. Windows however would automatically keep reinstalling the new one. Very frustrating. I tried a system restore but the same problem occurs. Hope they fix this soon because this has been happening for 3-4mths now.

OP
A

alexd88

instal the last driver from the intel website, this one: Download Intel Graphics Beta Driver [15.45]
Download the rar version, extract it, go into video properties, go to update driver, brows from my computer, let me pick up ... , have a disk, and select the file from graphic folder.
After you instaled it go into intel panel and disable what i marked into the picture and the problem will dissapear.

Attachments

• Sketch.png
    Sketch.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 640

airslap

instal the last driver from the intel website, this one: Download Intel Graphics Beta Driver [15.45]
Download the rar version, extract it, go into video properties, go to update driver, brows from my computer, let me pick up ... , have a disk, and select the file from graphic folder.
After you instaled it go into intel panel and disable what i marked into the picture and the problem will dissapear.

I saw what you wrote about battery life though so I might just have to put up with the freezes for now because my battery is barely enough for me as it is. Hitting the standby button off then on brings it back to life. It's just a real nuisance.

OP
A

alexd88

this is a battery report after 2 january when i checked only that box i told you. have fun. seem the battery i a lot better then before with the old driver from windows