What's new

windows open small in ie on rt

joddle

hi - on my surface rt, when I use the browser my pages open small and I always have to expand them. they used to open full screen and I cant seem to reset that - how is it done?
it is when I open a shortcut from the windows desktop. it always now opens small.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could you confirm this problem is only with Desktop IE and not with MUI IE (Start screen IE).

in Desktop IE if you click the gear in the upper right of the window what is the Zoom set to?

Have you tried going to Internet Options, Advanced Tab and Reset Internet Explorer Settings?

OP
J

joddle

Not sure what all that means above - I go from the main W8 screen to the desktop (ie the one with the keyboard options and time and date at the bottom right, and on that desktop have several shortcuts to webpages. When I tap these they opened but the window minimised so I cant see anythng in the window - I then had to maximise it every time which is annoying. Previously the windows opened to full screen but they they don't any more - but I can't discover why!

On the wheel, the zoom is set to 100%

I tried the "reset" as suggested and now the windows open full height but not width, so almost solved - its as though they are on an old 4:3 screen - so thanks for the help so far- much appreciated.