What's new

Windows Rt Stability Index Very Low Score

J515OP

Super Moderator
similar here. good to know how to find the culprits. Mine was Box that constantly caused problems (also in background tasks).
cheers

I had a Box one that was persistent for a few days but seems to have gone away and a backgroundTaskHost which can be just about anything.

most of my backgroundTaskHost problems were listed with Box as source.

Description
The program backgroundTaskHost.exe version 6.2.9200.16384 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 17b8
Start Time: 01ce01cc608c0425
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\windows\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe
Report Id: 94a3e672-6dc6-11e2-9102-fd123cc03206
Faulting package full name: 134D4F5B.Box_1.2.0.1260_neutral__2qk4zy5s3qmee
Faulting package-relative application ID: Box

OP
J

jdtimothy

So, I did a system refresh, and my index jumped back up to 10, it is just buggy apps that brings your score down. Within a couple of days of using different apps, my score has dropped back down. So, this index is good to see which apps are having some problems, but it doesn't directly relate to how well your surface is running.

repinca

This forum is so helpful. I refreshed this week, so mine doesn't have much data. It was high for a few days and now it's sitting pretty at 1. I have to say that mine feels like a one too. Often quite slow and frequent crashing. I can't upload a picture, but I have critical events every day for windows crashing.

Chubnut

Can't seem to post the screen print for some reason but it makes interesting reading and probably should look at some of the logs in more detail. It's odd that it doesn't consider itself stable. It's definitely not crashing or un reliable as the report is suggesting.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

J515OP

Super Moderator
Can't seem to post the screen print for some reason but it makes interesting reading and probably should look at some of the logs in more detail. It's odd that it doesn't consider itself stable. It's definitely not crashing or un reliable as the report is suggesting.

I think you missed the couple of posts that it seems to be reporting apps and processes more than its own stability ;)

Chubnut

I think you missed the couple of posts that it seems to be reporting apps and processes more than its own stability ;)

Think you're right. Just seen - sorry. Been having some major issues with Board Express Pro on the RT recently. Not seeing all the posts and I'm having problems posting. Works fine on my 8x though.

repinca

I'm not sure this is entirely true though. Mine averaged around 5 with app crashes every day. It's when there start to be windows failures that it dips down to the ones. Several of these pictures show the same...though admittedly some don't. There must be some formula. Either way I think it's interesting the variability. I think I'm an impatient user, so maybe that's why mine is less stable.

Sin

Mines pretty steady at 1. Will have to start digging into some of the problems and see if they get any better.

Arizona Willie

Mine is -4 :)

In mulitple errors that I see I find this seems to be the culprit:

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

That ntdll.dll is not a happy camper. Seems to cause problems multiple places.
How can I fix this?