What's new

Windows RT to Windows 8

thix84

Hi!

Good day! This i'm a new member of this forum and I find this site very helpful for my queries. But still I cannot find any threads about upgrading Surface w/ Windows RT to Windows 8 Pro or my searching isn't enough :). But anyway, does the Surface Windows RT can I upgrade to Windows 8 Pro?

Thanks and more Power!

ArnoldC

Surface RT runs on ARM processor and use Windows RT. This hardware cannot run any other edition of Windows, such as Windows 8 Pro, that runs on Surface Pro.

OP
T

thix84

Thanks for the quick answer... So i guess I'll just have to wait for some cool application that is useful, specially here is PH.

Follow up question... where you able to upgrade your Office Preview? Are there any changes?

OP
T

thix84

I now upgraded my Office..Thank for the Help Arnold... Now I know that the Update from Metro UI is different from Desktop mode :)

OP
T

thix84

Thanks for asking Bosamar :) Is there a way I can run VPN Connection on my RT? Are there any alternative application just what I'm using on my laptop to connect with my company profile.

thanks in advanced

justinbiber469

When Microsoft unveiled the release date for Windows 8, its next generation operating system, the company remained silent about the availability of its own Surface tablets. We suspected that the slates will land shortly but now Microsoft has officially confirmed the release date (even though it hinted towards it in the past).....

mace2442

old Thread but 8.1 Do introduce support for third party VPN.
In 8.0 you will have to use a MS vpn server in the other end (I haven't seen anything else working on 8.0)