What's new

Windows Store

pagdodd

I seem to be having an issue with opening the Windows Store app
I have tried Google search repairs to no avail.
Reset SP4 and it worked once again.
However, a few days later and it is not working again

Anyone else experience this?

leeshor

You say you reset your SP4 but I'm not exactly certain what you did based on that statement. Have you tried resetting the Store app? "wsreset"

OP
P

pagdodd

sorry, should have explained. I did a system reset (reset all setting but keep files)
I have also tried the wsreset

in addition: when I click the "blank" icon where the store should be. I can see in task manager that "Cortana Background Task Host" opens and then closes again. But Store still does not run...

Last edited:

leeshor

Check post #11 here "hard reset" You can also try an admin powershell prompt and use this command
Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

You can also try sfc /scannow

OP
P

pagdodd

so....the code did the attached...

SFC /SCANNOW didn't work either

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 464

leeshor

I think you may need to try another refresh. Something seems to have gone wrong somewhere unless it's a security app you may have installed.

leeshor

I'm guessing you have double checked that you have all the MS updates. Also that you have a local account as well as a Microsoft account.

I would backup all the data that isn't in the cloud and just do a full reset. You'll need to reinstall your apps but if it's still not right after that there may be something going on that befuddles me. It doesn't sound hardware related but I would have thought what you have done would have solved the problem. Is there anything else not working besides the Store app.